• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][5.1.1] LG Leon T-Mobile Variant Cyanogenmod 12.1

James Hasty

Lurker
Dec 21, 2015
Thanks to AndroidAddict||AA I have a way to flash the Metropcs Cyanogenmod port to a T-Mobile Variant of the LG Leon!!!

First, you have to grab the H345v10d.kdz from the firmware page
, after that , you put the phone in download mode, i do this by pulling the battery, waiting a few seconds, re inserting the battery, and then replacing the back, hold volume up and insert the usb cable.

after you have it in download mode, im assuming you know how to flash a kdz file, with the LG flash tool,
go ahead and flash the v10d.kdz

after you have done this, go ahead and grab kingroot apk from the root page for the LG Leon on v10d,
run that until you have root access, after you have root access download flashify, from google play store,

download the blue twrp from AndroidAddict||AA's post, or this line! and use flashify to flash that.

after you have flashed that recovery, NOT THE ORANGE ONE, do not use twrp manager to install, use the link on AndroidAddicts page,

go ahead and download the unofficial cyanogenmod zip file from Android Addict's guide aswell, or this link!

download terminal emulator ( this is how i get into recovery on my devices)

I also reccomend downloading the Lollipop Google Apps zip if you want google applications on cyanogen. Place this zip on the root of your SD card, NOT INTERNAL STORAGE.

type

su

reboot recovery

NANDROID BACKUP MANDATORY, ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I RECCOMEND BACKING IT UP TO AN EXTERNAL SD CARD NOT INTERNAL STORAGE!

after you have done the backup, go ahead and do an advanced wipe, check every box EXCEPT EXTERNAL STORAGE!!!!!!!! THIS IS WHERE YOUR BACKUP IS!

after the wipe is complete, go back and install the Cyanogenmod 12 zip,

the zip will successfully install and you will now be running cyanogenmod, everything works, it says it is metropcs, but i have a t mobile variant and I am using the metropcs version of the rom with my t mobile service and it works! only thing I cant get to work is the camera!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-unofficial-cyanogenmod-12-1-lg-leon-t3166642

3 things of note when using this rom for the T-Mobile Leon.
1.make sure to adjust your apn settings to this which are designed for T-Mobile. Apn can be found in your mobile network setting (T-Mobile lte ipv4 is what's normally used, I like using ipv6 though)
2.you can edit the build prop to give the Leon it's H345 designation by using a build prop editor and modifying the proper lines (anything that says ms345l
3. Always format internal storage when flashing (not external)
Formatting internal helps to stop any bugs or glitches from happening during boot, like the SDcard being forcebly unmounted until the point of data corruption.

Actually, two more things in one.
Always make sure you have the latest SuperSU and busybox saved as flashable packages, it will save you a lot of trouble down the road.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones