• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][9/12/2010][GPL] xtrSENSE4.2 & 4.5[cache2cache,apps2sd,oc,jit,flash10]-HTC Sense

This is probably a stupid question since it's been out for a lil while now... but, regarding flash 10: Is it only available in the stock browser or will it work with one of the browsers in the market? I hadn't given it much thought before but after reading the part where it says to open the stock browser to check whatismyflash.com it got me wondering.

Upvote 0
I'm currently running XTRSense 4.0.6.1 with a ton of apps stored with apps2sd but I like the idea of un-partitioning my SD card and upgrading to XTRSense 4.2.x (or later) but don't want to shoot myself in the foot if it turns out I still need apps2sd.

How would I go about totaling up both the number of apps as well as the total space they take up on apps2sd? And, once I've figured out that much, is it just a matter of determining whether they will all fit within a 150MB space, or is there more to it?

Upvote 0
I'm currently running XTRSense 4.0.6.1 with a ton of apps stored with apps2sd but I like the idea of un-partitioning my SD card and upgrading to XTRSense 4.2.x (or later) but don't want to shoot myself in the foot if it turns out I still need apps2sd.

How would I go about totaling up both the number of apps as well as the total space they take up on apps2sd? And, once I've figured out that much, is it just a matter of determining whether they will all fit within a 150MB space, or is there more to it?

In 4.0.6.1 you can run the internal_storage_report.sh gscript which will list out how much space your are using and shoule make it easy to determine if cache2cache will do it for you...

Hope this helps!

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0
This is probably a stupid question since it's been out for a lil while now... but, regarding flash 10: Is it only available in the stock browser or will it work with one of the browsers in the market? I hadn't given it much thought before but after reading the part where it says to open the stock browser to check whatismyflash.com it got me wondering.

It only works in the Stock Browser because it relies on some HTC files to run. This is why non-HTC Framework 2.1 based ROMs can't run Flash 10.1. In fact, I'm pretty sure the new KaosLegendary V18 (HTC Framework) is the only Froyo based ROM to support Flash on the Eris.

If you really hate the Stock Browser (personally, I like it), you can also use SkyFire. That browser has it's "own" way of handling Flash, but it's just not my thing.

Upvote 0
It only works in the Stock Browser because it relies on some HTC files to run. This is why non-HTC Framework 2.1 based ROMs can't run Flash 10.1. In fact, I'm pretty sure the new KaosLegendary V18 (HTC Framework) is the only Froyo based ROM to support Flash on the Eris.

If you really hate the Stock Browser (personally, I like it), you can also use SkyFire. That browser has it's "own" way of handling Flash, but it's just not my thing.

Also, I personally use Dolphin Browser HD, which uses the stock browser's Flash plug-in. A quick visit to whatismyflash.com confirms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones