• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 6/27/2014

Google+ was using a lot of battery. I unchecked the status updates and battery life is slightly better. Now, Google Play Services is using 83% of the power - same issue that JumpinJupiter reported. Anyone find a setting to reduce this usage?

I found out its a wakelock problem. I turned off keep awake. (Allowed 1542 times denied 7 times) turned off wake up ( allowed 1540 times lol) and turned off location for now.

The same settings for clock i put as allows ask. Doing this and keeping the phone in 1x when it is struggling for a signal(The phone will start to heat) Should help battery.

The google services include
Google Contact sync
Google Backup Transport
Google Account Manger
Google service Framework
Google Play services

Still reports its using like 85% when the screen is off. I tried disabling it and it still uses like 67%! When i disabled Google services it also uninstalled an update. I renabled it and Its now longer eating my battery life! So try unistalling the update.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. Here's what I tried (some people have reported issues with Google Search and the wakelock problem):

Settings->Privacy->Privacy Guard-> Google Search
Keep Awake shows "Never used" but I changed permissions to "Denied" anyway.

I also clicked on the "shield" next to Google Plus. Modify Contents was accessed 1854 times 7 hours ago!

Will report back also.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
android_device_lge_m3s
android_kernel_lge_m3s
android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy-1
android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy-1
vendor_qcom_proprietary

I had to make a few guesses as to where these go. Here's my local manifest. I don't know if I put the kernel in the right spot.
Code:
<manifest>
<remote name="github2" fetch="git://github.com/"/>
<project path="vendor/motorola" name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola" remote="github2" revision="cm-11.0"/>
<project path="device/lge/m3s" name="phenomx4/android_device_lge_m3s" remote="github2" revision="KitKat"/>
<project path="device/lge/m3s/media/Sources/android_kernel_lge_m3s" name="phenomx4/android_kernel_lge_m3s" remote="github2" revision="master"/>
<project path="vendor/qcom/proprietary" name="phenomx4/vendor_qcom_proprietary" remote="github2" revision="jb-devel"/>
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy-1" name="phenomx4/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy-1" remote="github2" revision="cm-11.0"/>
</manifest>
I also had a problem with extract-files.sh.
Code:
./extract-files.sh: 427: ./extract-files.sh: ./setup-makefiles.sh: not found
Is that OK? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I had to make a few guesses as to where these go. Here's my local manifest. I don't know if I put the kernel in the right spot.
Code:
<manifest>
<remote name="github2" fetch="git://github.com/"/>
<project path="vendor/motorola" name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola" remote="github2" revision="cm-11.0"/>
<project path="device/lge/m3s" name="phenomx4/android_device_lge_m3s" remote="github2" revision="KitKat"/>
<project path="kernel/lge/m3s" name="phenomx4/android_kernel_lge_m3s" remote="github2" revision="master"/>
<project path="vendor/qcom/proprietary" name="phenomx4/vendor_qcom_proprietary" remote="github2" revision="jb-devel"/>
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="phenomx4/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy-1" remote="github2" revision="cm-11.0"/>
</manifest>
I also had a problem with extract-files.sh.
Code:
./extract-files.sh: 427: ./extract-files.sh: ./setup-makefiles.sh: not found
Is that OK? :thinking:
I edited the paths for you and for the extract-files.sh, did you cd into the device folder? (m3s)

Reactions: Member1725666
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
:):):):):)
Thanks phonomx4!!! Yes, I did cd to m3s to run "extract-files.sh". I don't have a "setup-makefiles.sh" in that folder. Do you have one? Where is it? Can I just ignore that and build? Thanks man!

I'll upload the vendor files when I can. If you build without it I doubt it'll boot.

Reactions: Member1725666
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks. I think I'll leave it alone for now. I'm satisfied with the performance of the ROM now.

Yeah each frequency has a certain undervolt. I was able to get -75mv for 1.8 and 1.7 but when I change them all it crashes at -50.(-25mv is fine) So I am going to try to find the frequency that is causing this and disable it. 900MV is the lowest so hopefully I can get 600mhz to that and disable 245-500(Probable causing the crash)

Then I will try to tell you if the battery life is better. If the O.E supported an app this would be alot easier then doing it from the terminal.

Upvote 0
I was able to use the phone for about 2 hours with fairly consistent screen on and stayed on 100%

The phone however did eventually though crash when I put it on 3G to activate on the go and 1.8 and 1.7 were -75.

Meh for now I will just keep it all on -25 and see if it crashes on that..... If stable then I will try -50mv.on 1.8 and 1.7 Testing undervolting does take a while lol

Okay it keeps resetting to the stock speeds even when all is at -25 not sure what to do about that

Reactions: Zeroastros
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones