• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.2.1 Android 2.2 FRF57

Or even better, if there is any way to put it in the power button drop down like cyanogen, that would rock. Wonder if we just delete the folder since I use quickboot or rom manager for rebooting anyways?

*Edit: Ok I just moved the folder to my sd card and rebooted, works as normal now and no power + volume up or down options.

Upvote 0
This was happening to me and I thought it was a bug but it's not. For me at least it was the shutdown script. I'm a large guy with large hands and when I would hit the power button to turn the screen on, the palm of my hand would hit the camera button ever so slightly prior to hitting the power button and boom my phone would shutdown. The easiest way to fix this is to use root explorer and go to /system/bin/, find the shutdown script and either delete or move it to the Sdcard, if you want to possibly use it again later. My phone has not shutdown once since I did this.
It was already mentioned by Papadroid, but I'm going agree with/reiterate his point. Those having reboot issues when pressing the power button might want to confirm that they aren't pressing either the camera button, or either of the volume buttons. I thought it was a bug at first because this was happening to me frequently. I then started making sure that when I was pushing the power button that my fingers were away from the other buttons and I didn't have the problem any longer. I renamed the "shutdown" script in the "/system/bin/" folder to "shutdown.bak", and I haven't experienced the issue once since.

Upvote 0
Every time I reboot, the 2.2 launcher comes up as default. I have and prefer launcherpro. When I hit the home button and select launcherpro, all of my widgets say "problem loading widget." Can anybody help?

Check Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>On SD Card tab and see if your widgets are installed on the SD Card...if so, long press and move to phone.

Select the "All" tab and find Launcher in the list of of apps, select it, and select the "Clear Defaults" button.

Press Home and in the dialog that appears select the "Set as Default" checkbox and then select Launcher Pro.

Upvote 0
Check Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>On SD Card tab and see if your widgets are installed on the SD Card...if so, long press and move to phone.

Select the "All" tab and find Launcher in the list of of apps, select it, and select the "Clear Defaults" button.

Press Home and in the dialog that appears select the "Set as Default" checkbox and then select Launcher Pro.

Looks like a TON of apps are on the SD card...dislike.

The clear defaults option hasn't worked for me.

Upvote 0
Looks like a TON of apps are on the SD card...dislike.

The clear defaults option hasn't worked for me.

There is a simple edit you can make to turn off install to SD card...I believe there is a separate thread in this forum that has the info, look for it.

What do you mean about clear defaults not working for you - have you tried it before in Manage Applications? The button doesn't work, or it works but you can't set the other as the default?

I would suggest:

1. Clear defaults
2. Uninstall Launcher Pro
3. Reboot (may not be required, but sure can't hurt)
4. Reinstall Launcher Pro - make sure it is installed to the phone, not SD card
5. Press Home and use the dialog that appears to set Launcher Pro as the default.

Before doing that, find the thread that has how to turn off auto install apps to SD card and do that first, as it requires a reboot to take affect, IRRC.

Upvote 0
There is a simple edit you can make to turn off install to SD card...I believe there is a separate thread in this forum that has the info, look for it.

What do you mean about clear defaults not working for you - have you tried it before in Manage Applications? The button doesn't work, or it works but you can't set the other as the default?

I would suggest:

1. Clear defaults
2. Uninstall Launcher Pro
3. Reboot (may not be required, but sure can't hurt)
4. Reinstall Launcher Pro - make sure it is installed to the phone, not SD card
5. Press Home and use the dialog that appears to set Launcher Pro as the default.

Before doing that, find the thread that has how to turn off auto install apps to SD card and do that first, as it requires a reboot to take affect, IRRC.

Thanks for the help. I just finished moving all sd card apps to the phone. Rebooting now...

Upvote 0
OK. Here's what I found for apps2sd:

"Q) How do I disable automatic apps2sd permanently?

A) In /system/etc/install-recovery.sh change "pm setInstallLocation 2" to "pm setInstallLocation 0" with no quotes."

I can view the script in Root Explorer but it won't let me modify it. I don't have a clue on how to do this. More scattered thread searching is in my future it seems.

Upvote 0
OK. Here's what I found for apps2sd:

"Q) How do I disable automatic apps2sd permanently?

A) In /system/etc/install-recovery.sh change "pm setInstallLocation 2" to "pm setInstallLocation 0" with no quotes."

I can view the script in Root Explorer but it won't let me modify it. I don't have a clue on how to do this. More scattered thread searching is in my future it seems.

Long press on the file in root explorer. Scroll down and choose the option to edit the file.

Once it's open in the editor make the change, hit back, you'll get a prompt that a backup file will be saved...say OK and your good. Reboot to take affect.

I set mine to "1" not "0" and it has disabled SD card installs...not sure what 0 does...

Upvote 0
Long press on the file in root explorer. Scroll down and choose the option to edit the file.

Once it's open in the editor make the change, hit back, you'll get a prompt that a backup file will be saved...say OK and your good. Reboot to take affect.

I set mine to "1" not "0" and it has disabled SD card installs...not sure what 0 does...

Set mine to 0. Thanks for the help.

0 = Auto
1 = Internal
2- SD

Upvote 0
When you come out of sleep, you're pressing the power button. If you also accidentally press the vol down button simultaneously, it is gonna reboot.

If you accidentally press the camera button halfway (not a full press, so this is actually *very* easy to do) then it will power off.

As it says in http://androidforums.com/all-things...st-v0-2-1-android-2-2-frf57-3.html#post960944 the best way to avoid this is to disable the 'feature' that allows for this. You can do as that poster says and test for further problems, or you can be more aware of where your hands / fingers are when waking it up and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
I don't have access to the market. I tried app brain and that didn't work either. Also I went to google maps to navigate to a friend's house but I don't have any contacts there. Do I have to dial *228 after I install? I used ROM manager. My phone and internet seem to be working OK FWIW

Also, with chrome to phone when I click on "register device" it is in a loop for quite a while

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones