• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/01/13)

Blood.... My battery life is effing insane!

12p-12a = 64% right now.

And im running 1.3Ghz
I'm running 1.2GHz Kernel and have a little less than you with moderate use. I must agree not bad at all, all things considered.
BatteryInfo.png

Upvote 0
Wow you guys sure have amazing battery life even at OCed speeds. Even at 1.0GHz and moderate use, mine is good for about 10-12 hours. Any tweaks (in build.prop, Zeppolinrox's) on top of CTmod ROM you guys are using? FYI, I disabled GPS, BT; I also disabled WIFI (when not using it). I also set my brightness to like 20% and even disabled the vibrate hardware.

Maybe this phone runs more efficiently at OCed speeds ;) I used to have a TP2 and I have better battery life when OCed, go figure.

As cool and slick as the Xperia Launcher in this ROM, I like Launcher Pro Plus better so I'm going back to that one (seems smoother).

I need to start working on an undervolting kernel build.

Upvote 0
Wow you guys sure have amazing battery life even at OCed speeds. Even at 1.0GHz and moderate use, mine is good for about 10-12 hours. Any tweaks (in build.prop, Zeppolinrox's) on top of CTmod ROM you guys are using? FYI, I disabled GPS, BT; I also disabled WIFI (when not using it). I also set my brightness to like 20% and even disabled the vibrate hardware.

As cool and slick as the Xperia Launcher in this ROM, I like Launcher Pro Plus better so I'm going back to that one (seems smoother).

I need to start working on an undervolting kernel build.

Crazy.. Tektrak uses GPS every 30 mins. I have GPS enabled, wifi when screens on, brightness on all the way, sound + vibe., and use go launcher/contacts and dialer/SMS. That's why I only get about 15 hours with moderate use maybe 13.5 hours. Not sure why other than I deleted batterystatus.bin after a full charge then powered off let it charge and do it again. Been good ever since..

Swyped from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
Its strange that I'm getting these errors, I flashed back to bloods zv4 stock rom and no probs then I made backup, factory wipe, clear cache, and flashed CT rom. Everything works great but I still can't send mms for some reason and can't save pics from chrome browser, did I miss a step? Or do something I shouldn't have?

my mms didnt work until i went to ##data#. I looked at the mmsc server and it said the sprint one, i then went and clicked edit to change it and it was then on boost. Very strange, not sure why, maybe old caches.

Upvote 0
Nevermind, i found the post you did on logcat and managed to get it working now. Thanks for the info!...now if i could only find out what is going on with this google chrome...

its just a bug in the app. its really Maxthon Browser that I themed to look like Chrome.

you can switch to a different browser if you want.

Upvote 0
its just a bug in the app. its really Maxthon Browser that I themed to look like Chrome.

you can switch to a different browser if you want.

Well it isn't even a big deal, and i actually like the look of it so i'll stick with it lol. I thought i had figured out the mms deal but now its back to not sending again....i got no idea wtf im doing wrong. does it matter that im flashing this rom from the zv4 stock boost rom and not a zvc one? I'm on boost btw and downloaded the boost zip.

Upvote 0
Well it isn't even a big deal, and i actually like the look of it so i'll stick with it lol. I thought i had figured out the mms deal but now its back to not sending again....i got no idea wtf im doing wrong. does it matter that im flashing this rom from the zv4 stock boost rom and not a zvc one? I'm on boost btw and downloaded the boost zip.

I got mms for boost fixed I think. ill post the fix when I get home from work.

Upvote 0
Whoops... just got a warning from the moderator... I guess I can't post any apk from GApps (I posted gmail for someone because they said they couldn't see it or get it to work). Sorry I didn't know the rules. :eek:

Anyways, I ran into an issue yesterday and today while using the CTmod ROM. My 3G data was working fine, then it stopped; toggle the data widget didn't help; powering down and up again fixed it. Just happened to me 15 minutes ago. Anyone has this issue?

Upvote 0
Anyways, I ran into an issue yesterday and today while using the CTmod ROM. My 3G data was working fine, then it stopped; toggle the data widget didn't help; powering down and up again fixed it. Just happened to me 15 minutes ago. Anyone has this issue?

I was up and running for a while and then the same started happening to me... and then things got worse! Bluetooth started disconnecting on its own and started having massive lag issues. It was screaming while it lasted, but I ended up having to go back to mb v2 with hyper modded 1.2Ghz oc kernel.

Upvote 0
Whoops... just got a warning from the moderator... I guess I can't post any apk from GApps (I posted gmail for someone because they said they couldn't see it or get it to work). Sorry I didn't know the rules. :eek:
Wow, I have posted a few apps from Google Play Store on here, Gmail being one.. I also have Font Installer.apk in my thread for themes.. Never received a warning.. What did they say, if I may ask?
(Ps. I have not had my 3G go out... sorry..)

Upvote 0
Here's the warning:

jerofld said:
Yesterday, you posted a link to a Gmail.apk on a box.net account. We do not condone the distribution of APKs that come from the Google Play market. Other posters corrected your mistake and I saw how you acknowledged this error, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that linking apps like that is against forum rules so you know to not do it in the future.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I guess "someone" told on me. No problem.

If I remember correctly, on XDA, ROMs are not supposed to include GApps and users have to grab them from one of the google source site and install them right after installing the the ROM.

Upvote 0
But the ZTE has a snapdragon processor. My wife's captivate on serendipity scores higher than my marquee with ctmod and 1.3 kernel.

Came across a post comparing the Snapdragon and OMAP processors, here is what they said:

The Snapdragon manufactured by Qualcomm uses an in house developed processor core codenamed "Scorpion" which is based on the Cortex A8. It also uses an embedded Adreno 200 GPU on the SoC. The part is clocked from the factory at 1 Ghz and maunfactured using a 65nm process. All in all is a good general purpose SoC.

The T.I. OMAP 3630 is the an SoC produced by Texas Instruments. It is using a Cortex A-8 processor core licensed from ARM. The GPU in the unit is a PowerVR SGX 530 which is more capable that the one found in the Snapdragon. This SoC is also clocked at 1 Ghz and produced using a 45nm process. This will in turn reduce heat and power consumption. The OMAP series of processors also perform better clock for clock when compared to the Snapdragon.

For instance. An OMAP 3430 (the SoC in the Moto Droid) at 800 Mhz performs on par with a 1 Ghz Snapdragon. The OMAP has also been proven to be overclockable beyond our wildest dreams where as the Snapdragon has very limited overclock-ability as can be seen by the Nexus One, Desire and EVO 4G. All in all both are very good SoCs for Android handsets but right now the T.I. OMAP is the overall performance king.
So I am not sure really why the big difference..

Upvote 0
Here's the warning:

I guess "someone" told on me. No problem.

If I remember correctly, on XDA, ROMs are not supposed to include GApps and users have to grab them from one of the google source site and install them right after installing the the ROM.
Do you think it is because you used a box.net account to upload the apk? I use direct links to the market... Maybe that is why?

Upvote 0

I experienced a similar issue as well... Flashed it yesterday morning and it worked great all day.. This morning I noticed my 3g wasn't working. I tried rebooting the phone and it didn't fix it, followed by clearing my chaches, and finally re-flashing the rom figuring it could've been the OC kernel (v1.1) Upon flashing 3g was working again and I flashed the oc kernel again a few hours ago and it still seems to be working, we'll see what tomorrow holds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones