• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROM download by phone?

Joehunni

Android Expert
May 27, 2010
Texas
I was just curious as my computer is down right now, last night I used a friends computer to root my phone but didn't have time to mess with ROMs. If all you have to do is flash the rom zip off the sd card, is it possible to download a rom directly to my phone without a computer and flash it?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I was just curious as my computer is down right now, last night I used a friends computer to root my phone but didn't have time to mess with ROMs. If all you have to do is flash the rom zip off the sd card, is it possible to download a rom directly to my phone without a computer and flash it?

Technically, yes. As long as you can get the flashable zip on your SD card, you can then boot into recovery and flash it.

Upvote 0
Okay sweet, only question now is, what ROM should I use. I've seen many people go with Fresh of some kind but most people seem to swear by Zen it seems. This is my first time with all of this, I should start with fresh it seems but which version is the best, I'm currently on the stock sprint 2.1 with root. Anyone who will point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones