ROM download by phone?

Last Updated:

1. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just curious as my computer is down right now, last night I used a friends computer to root my phone but didn't have time to mess with ROMs. If all you have to do is flash the rom zip off the sd card, is it possible to download a rom directly to my phone without a computer and flash it?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Technically, yes. As long as you can get the flashable zip on your SD card, you can then boot into recovery and flash it.

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay sweet, only question now is, what ROM should I use. I've seen many people go with Fresh of some kind but most people seem to swear by Zen it seems. This is my first time with all of this, I should start with fresh it seems but which version is the best, I'm currently on the stock sprint 2.1 with root. Anyone who will point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

There are at least 5 (I think) posts already talking about which ROM's are best. It all comes down to preference. Right now, if I were you, start with Fresh 2.1.2, then go on from there if you want to try something new.