[ROM] Froyo FRF91 SS v4.5 [7/19/2010] From SOURCE - New Settings - FASTER - 4.4 Bugs Fixed

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last Updated:

1. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer This Topic's Starter

2. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

has no one tried this yet?

3. wadsface

wadsface Well-Known Member

I have it on, with his 1.2ULV kernal right now. It is running very well so far. The bkapps/rstapps thing worked so awesomely. Very impressed with that feature.

high 17's to mid 18's on Linpack

Very recommendable.

4. sublimnl

sublimnl Well-Known Member

don't the XXX## build numbers (ESE81, FRF57, FRF91, etc) identify test builds for a particular handset? If so, then how is this from source? If I am understanding correctly it can be either FRF91 or from source, but not both, unless it is a mashup of the two, in which case its something else entirely...right?

5. wadsface

wadsface Well-Known Member

TBH, I am not 100% sure what they mean, I always thought they were just the progressively newer version of the build. So if he built it from FRF91 then it would be from source, and if he built it from FRF57 it would be from source, but if he built it from someone else's ROM it is not from source. "From source" I think just means from an official Google release as opposed to another devs.

I could be wrong though.

*Edit*

I was wrong.

Better explaination http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvpcs/54974-explanation-frf57-vs-frf83.html

6. Ebaneezor

Ebaneezor Well-Known Member

Worked great! - installed with no wipe no nothing :)

Installed over 4.4 with minor issues - I had to replace 3 beautiful widget shortcuts I created, no biggie (Exchange email, camera, and gallery), everything else is perfect.

Thanks Chevy :)

7. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

I flashed Chevy's SS4.5 yesterday. Though I've been impressed with Froyo ROMS from Pete, Koush, JRummy, Fab, etc... they have all either had aesthetic imperfections and/or at least a few *bugs*... not bad enough to keep me from loving them, but enough to keep me flashing to get my next fix.

Chevy's SS4.5 is as close to 100% PERFECTION as I have found yet. In fact, I've not found any bugs whatsoever. My Bluetooth works, my wifi works, all my Gmail accounts sync the way they're supposed to, I"m not stuck with unwanted text message threads I can't delete. This ROM is benchmarking 1400+ in Quadrant and is running as smooth as Pete's ROM's. And Chevy's Blue SS theme looks superbly refined. I'm loving it and will be keeping this one for a good while (I hope!).

8. droid_freak

droid_freak Well-Known Member

Flashed 3 ROMs last night to do some testing and CM6 went down on my phone so instead of doing my old stable fav BB0.4 I decided to try SS 4.5, his kernels are great so why not. Super stable, have not had any issues so far and everything works including the blue LED. Really like the look and performance. Not getting the Quadrant scores others are, sitting around 1350 for me and 18.69 LP. Great work on this one.

9. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Chevy's always work really well on my phone. If I get bored with CM, I'll try this one out.

10. athack

athack Active Member

chevy 4.5 has been running super smooth and fast for me since installing yesterday... hope to keep running this 1 for awhile...

11. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

+1 for Chevy's awesome ROMs.

12. almahix

almahix Well-Known Member

Tried to get it with ROM Manager last night. I started to download the theme but only got up to 48% and lost the connection (3G and wireless). Repeated tries were even less successful. I'll try again tonight.

13. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

This is the best ROM I've ever had on my phone. It's fast, it's cool and I have awesome battery life, even in my horrible office. Using his ULV 1.2 kernel. SO happy with this. Only thing I can do without is the battery icon :p

14. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

only thing not working on my phone with this rom is my wifi. wireless tether works great just the wifi goes in an endless loop. any fixes for it.

15. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Wifi goes in an endless loop? Meaning it keeps cycling? If so, are you not broadcasting your SID? For some reason, when I made the SID visible, it fixed the problem.

16. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

it just keeps going to connect and then disconnects, goes to connect establishes connection disconnects...

autheticates, then disconnects

17. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

OK. Try the SID (if it is not broadcasting). Also, look into changing the type of security you are using. I once had a problem with a laptop doing the same thing and I changed from WPA2, to WPA, and it fixed the issue.

baa269 likes this.
  18. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

19. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Okay, I decided to come off BB and try SS. I have ONE LOUSY BAR of signal, even after *228 opt 2. What is up with that? TiBU didn't restore my most critical apps (like "3" which is no longer on the market! GRRRR). Any ideas on how to fix the signal issue? :confused:

20. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

everytime i goto dial out my bars drop to 1 bar and i usually drop the call. it even does this when im unrooted. ive had this problem for 50+ days now and verizon has only told me do *228 and update, reboot the phone, hey checked the towers and said they have reloaded software. i have also been told there were numerous other tickets open in my area for the same issue, i was in a weak service area, rep on next call said they had noi clue why rep said i was in weak service area according to their maps i was in a perfect service area. imn getting tired of being dicked around by verizon.:mad:

21. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Flashing the rom should not have affected the radio. I typically ignore the bars at the top because they have always been misleading to me. I go to settings > about phone > status and look at the signal strength. Like right now my phone is giving me three bars out of four and my signal strength is actuall -99dBm which is horrible signal (typical inside my office). Then other times I might have one or two bars but the signal is stronger, go figure.

22. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I had four solid bars with BB and the new 43 baseband, now I'm sitting at -102dbm. NOT GOOD.

EDIT: I did *228 opt 2 AGAIN and now I have full bars. Huh. We'll see how battery life is with it now...

23. Nyghtryder_9

Nyghtryder_9 Member

I loaded this up yesterday. Coming from ud 3.5 with chevys 1.25lv kernal, I was very impressed. The only problem I am having is that I can't seem to get my yahoo mail to load. Any ideas would be great.

24. mbred0609

mbred0609 New Member

(like "3" which is no longer on the market! GRRRR)

if by 3 you mean that badass media player.. try searching for "filipe" filipe abrantes is the authors name... thats how i was able to find it again for my wifes droid and again after i rooted and lost it....

25. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member

This Rom is great so far. But I can't seem to get the boot animation from ROM Manager to properly install when it boots into recovery, even though it says it does. Any idea why its not showing up?