[ROM][GPL][10/4/2010] xtrSENSE4.6 [cache2cache,apps2sd,oc,jit,flash10]-HTC Sense

Last Updated:

1. KarateExplosion6

KarateExplosion6 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. KarateExplosion6

3. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

I keep going back to xtrSENSE from other roms that I try. I just really like the Sense experience, it is why I bought this phone. Zach's other rom xtrROM is also a great rom. I ran that for a few days and it ran flawless.

4. djstarion

djstarion Member

I tried KaosFroyo, and I tried nonsensikal. They were good, but I kept going back to stock because I missed Sense.

This one works flawlessly. Boots faster, runs faster, and is a pleasure. Thank you!

5. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I'm using this ROM now. I think the new battery tweak script is actually working, though I still don't quite understand it.

6. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

I also don't understand the battery gscript? Could someone will knowledge about this please explain.

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Here is my best shot. I think that the executive summary is this: think of it as SetCPU that changes your max and min numbers by steps based on the battery capacity left and the state of power. You set a maximum CPU speed; when it is on a power source, it uses that speed as the max, and checks the power state every 15 seconds. When it is on battery, it steps down that max speed by a certain percentage, and checks the battery state every 60 seconds. As battery capacity falls over time, the script steps down the max clock speed.

Also, the script will step down the actual clock speed faster and step up slower based on the CPU load. So, for example, it will step down the speed (and I am talking about the actual speed the processor is running, not the max and min, in this paragraph) at a CPU load of 70%, but will not step back up to a higher speed until the CPU load is 95%. (These percentagesmay or may not be real - they are just examples.)

Lastly, you can tweak all of these settings: the max clock, min clock, amount of time it waits to check the CPU load and battery capacity, etc., using the battconf script (in xtrROM.)

All of this is from here (note that this was originally developed for the CDMA HTC Hero, which is similar enough to the Eris): Collin_ph Battery Tweak RC1 for Cyanogen / Darch Froyo roms (possibly others) - xda-developers

I'm not 100% sure if Zach changed any of this for xtrROM or xtrSENSE, though, based on his post on xda for both ROMs, I think that he just ported it over to 2.1 and the Zanfur kernel.

WormDoes likes this.
  8. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

Is anyone like me and hesitates to throw on the new rom simply because there is always a new beta or something it seems like the very next week??

9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Heh. Close. I have a 5 day rule - I will run a ROM for at least 5 days, unless I absolutely hate it. 24 hours must pass before I install a new release, too (unless it specifically fixes problems with the one that I am on.)

10. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

I never worry about Zach's roms. I have never run into a problem running any of his stuff. I am one of those guys that likes to be on the cutting edge. I will probably shoot myself in the foot one day.

11. CKinsey

CKinsey Member

Will anetshare app work with xtraSENSE4.6? I've been running evileris v3 for months and honestly have not been checking the boards. I've started to get low internal memory notifications and would like to try this ROM for the app2sd capability, but I need the wifi tethering.

Thanks,
    Chris

12. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

i guess I need to explain myself better, I'm not worried about his roms at all, i just don't like throwing on a rom every time it comes out because it seems a newer/better one is always a few days away sometime

i hate having to set all my stuff up again each time (i always do a full wipe factory data and davlik)

13. th325

th325 New Member

I flashed the xtrSENSE4.6 rom, checked the md5, and so on. It runs ok for a minute, but then the cell service drops out and will not return. it did it last night, i did a restore to my ivans official, and today i tried it again, same thing. i really like the rom, but with no cell reception its no good. can someone please help..

14. iAndroiid

iAndroiid Well-Known Member

weird. x2

my names chris and i've been running evil eris 3.0 for the past couple months not checking any forums and just jumped on here and i am going to give this rom a try. i have like 150mb free internal memory on evil eris 3.0 but that's because i ran apps2sd and now with all my app's and not clearing my cache i'm at like 98mb free internal memory.

15. paleodust

paleodust Well-Known Member

Is anyone using the battery tweak? Is it worth it? I tried it for a little while (admittedly not a very fair test) and noticed that, as the battery got low, the CPU seemed to slow to a crawl, making it frustrating to use.

Anyone have a more positive experience to report? What's been your experience?

16. KarateExplosion6

did you reboot?

17. KarateExplosion6

Yeah, I'm using it. I was hesitant to use it at first because of CPU decrease issues, but they haven't bothered me really. I ran my battery dead today and killed it on a Flash 10.1 website, it still ran about the same. Sure, the phone becomes a bit less responsive but I'm willing to deal with it because I can't count how many times have I ran out of battery and wished I just had a little more time to get to a charger.

I've been running it about a week now and, so far, I'm really liking it and can definitely say it works.