• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ICS Elite Aeneas Build

when I had the phone I watched the icons closely to see if I could discern when I hit 1x vs 3G. I noticed that when I had true 3G the 3G icon was solid green in upload and download.. but when in 1x RTT the 3G icon turned white in both upload and download and stayed that way. I think the true 1x icons are actually the white 3G icons.

Upvote 0
when I had the phone I watched the icons closely to see if I could discern when I hit 1x vs 3G. I noticed that when I had true 3G the 3G icon was solid green in upload and download.. but when in 1x RTT the 3G icon turned white in both upload and download and stayed that way. I think the true 1x icons are actually the white 3G icons.

I was almost certain green just means you're connected with Google's servers/services. I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression it meant you had true 3G connection,otherwise the only other icons that would appear are a drop down to 1x or loss of data,etc. Each corresponding to their respective icon. only on the elite have I seen the white 3G icon mixed in with the green and also having the 1x icons...which never appear. Because maybe their just in the apks but aren't linked to system at all in function. on other gingerbread phones I've had even the 1x icon was green when I was 1x. I don't know,maybe I just never noticed the switch between green white indicators before. seems like to me lg linked the 3G white to the 1x functions. meaning that when the system detects and sends command to show the 1x indicator, lg has it set to show those white 3G icons instead. who knows,the elite build of gingerbread is pretty good minus this connection issue crap. which may not be related to gingerbread but to the hardware.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression it meant you had true 3G connection,otherwise the only other icons that would appear are a drop down to 1x or loss of data,etc. Each corresponding to their respective icon. only on the elite have I seen the white 3G icon mixed in with the green and also having the 1x icons...which never appear. Because maybe their just in the apks but aren't linked to system at all in function. on other gingerbread phones I've had even the 1x icon was green when I was 1x. I don't know,maybe I just never noticed the switch between green white indicators before. seems like to me lg linked the 3G white to the 1x functions. meaning that when the system detects and sends command to show the 1x indicator, lg has it set to show those white 3G icons instead. who knows,the elite build of gingerbread is pretty good minus this connection issue crap. which may not be related to gingerbread but to the hardware.

They removed the 1x code from StatusBarPolicy.java in SystemUI, and also modified code somewhere else which I haven't figured out yet, but left all the various icons (1x, 3G, E, G, H, 4G).

Upvote 0
maybe they removed it because they knew the phone couldn't help itself and constantly jumped to 1x. gotta hide hardware issues any way available. why else would they completely remove it?

I believe it is more likely that they do this to mask the shortcomings of their network rather than the phone's hardware. This is not the only Sprint/VM phone that has had the 1x icon purposely disabled.

Upvote 0
got a quick request for anyone using this at the moment. i need a current screenshot of drop down menu and dialer if possible. and try to apply a wallpaper either by long press menu or directly in gallery. was told on another forum that user couldnt apply any wallpaper either through gallery or 3rd party app. but gallery never was edited at all and should not be causing any errors. thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
nope. don't mind at all. but in return I'm hoping you will do a bit of testing for me. I need a few screens of my final build. namely dialer,drop down and home screen. and need to see if you can set your own wallpaper via long press to gallery or directly from gallery. I will remove this completely if it isn't working properly. and without ability to test it myself,Im left with no other options without community help.

Upvote 0
Curtis .... I wanted to post to thank you for your work. I would like to say I'm trying these new custom ROMS, but to be honest I'm still playing with launchers and widgets. The Elite is my first Android phone and I am loving all the options. But I am also having a hard time deciding on all these options - lol. The Android world is an awesome thing.... wish I were here years ago.

Upvote 0
Came from Harmonia 1.03

Loaded it, stable so far. Confirmed icons say 3G in 1X mode. Interesting activity indicator of traffic, I like that more than the little arrows from stock.

Wanted to get you those screen captures, but the LG screen capture tool says "current screen cannot be captured." whenever I hold in the volume keys to launch it.

The text has a very robotic look to it, is that what an ICS phone looks like? Kind of neat, might take a bit to get used to. I see you kept the virgin mobile audio noise on bootup, with a hexagon animation.

Upvote 0
need to change that VM boot audio...and I used Sony sketch font for system font. ICS uses robot which I found to be a bit big and bulky for my liking. it would appear that the quick memo app isn't functioning properly. you can delete it using system tuner from play store. I may update this tomorrow just to get a REAL screen capture app in there. to remove quick memo in system tuner just click its system tab and look for quick memo app and select uninstall. a good replacement is screenshot ux.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones