• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rom Manager not creating backup

GQBalla

Lurker
Dec 27, 2010
Hello,

I just rooted my phone,

trying to create a backup of my Rom, i flash the clockwork. hit Create backup. It will boot into recovery mode, and than just sit there till i hit reboot now.

I had a HTC Dezire Z before and created backups before.

I checked i do have root.

I have uninstalled rom manager, reinstalled, cleared cache numerous times.

any ideas???

I have an Evo. I had the same problem and did exactly what you did to try to fix it. Then I searched and found this thread. :)

Finally, I uninstalled Rom Manager, I deleted the "clockworkmod" folder on the sd card using Astro File Manager, then reinstalled Rom Manager. It worked. Give it a try, hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I just rooted my phone,

trying to create a backup of my Rom, i flash the clockwork. hit Create backup. It will boot into recovery mode, and than just sit there till i hit reboot now.

I had a HTC Dezire Z before and created backups before.

I checked i do have root.

I have uninstalled rom manager, reinstalled, cleared cache numerous times.

any ideas???

Hey. Were u ever able to fix this? My phone is having this issue and its soooooooo frustrating! Lol

Upvote 0
I have an Evo. I had the same problem and did exactly what you did to try to fix it. Then I searched and found this thread. :)

Finally, I uninstalled Rom Manager, I deleted the "clockworkmod" folder on the sd card using Astro File Manager, then reinstalled Rom Manager. It worked. Give it a try, hope this helps.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. I tried doing this and it still didn't work. I installed Rom manager and deleted the clickworkmod and nothing. It still goes into recovery when i try to back up. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones