• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Remix - 07/18/13 only 265 MB

I figured out what the problem was with my Moga controller. I had to reinstall the pivot app and then us the universal driver app for it to work with the emulators. I usually never use the pivot app because I just use the controller for emulators so the app is quite useless, unless I play an android specific game.

Its a good ROM, but the battery life is a little subpar, and I miss my leedroid tweaks that unsensible 2.1 has....

But it do like your work Mobz!

Upvote 0
I appreciate all that you've done on the roms for this device Mobz. You've made this phone worth keeping for a while despite all the issues that happened at the launch of this phone. I've finally moved on to T-Mobile since last Friday and purchased the Sony Xperia Z and I'm loving it to the point I have no need to root or flash roms. Thank you so much for all that you have done. You are a saint amongst saints for dedicating your free time to helping us common folk have a better service than what was handed to us. I've been with Virgin Mobile for 8 years and now it's time to say goodbye. I can't help but say that since they've been getting newer android devices the service has been getting worse and I'm in a populated city nonetheless (Chicago). I've seen the change and just couldn't tolerate it anymore. I just wanted to say thank you to you and the community here. It was an awesome ride. Feel free to inbox me whenever peeps cause I'm still working on music ;-)

Later my Virgin family!

Upvote 0
Do it fresh u have to be doing something wrong, nobody else has this kind of problem it works excellent
Did you use a root tool and alter anything that's part of the deal with Android and custom roms and then going about and you add your own touches to it with build.prop tweaks or another root utility that's a risk why you have a recovery to make backups so that if something don't work you can restore before you did that or it could be below issue
-----------------------------------
Start over brand new if you have to re download the ROM use Google Chrome browser because sometimes browsers screw up installation of roms I've had issues with Internet Explorer downloading roms they work fine if downloader with Google Chrome or Firefox so that could be your issue there not that big of a ROM but I don't know if I would do it from your data connection but people do it a lot but I've also had issues downloading roms and getting them to work from data you need a good browser a computer and transferred over to the root of your SD card then try the ROM wipe everything except for your SD card I've done that at least three times usually before installing a fresh ROM I'd wipe it all user data all except for SD card

Upvote 0
Do it fresh u have to be doing something wrong, nobody else has this kind of problem it works excellent
Did you use a root tool and alter anything that's part of the deal with Android and custom roms and then going about and you add your own touches to it with build.prop tweaks or another root utility that's a risk why you have a recovery to make backups so that if something don't work you can restore before you did that or it could be below issue
-----------------------------------
Start over brand new if you have to re download the ROM use Google Chrome browser because sometimes browsers screw up installation of roms I've had issues with Internet Explorer downloading roms they work fine if downloader with Google Chrome or Firefox so that could be your issue there not that big of a ROM but I don't know if I would do it from your data connection but people do it a lot but I've also had issues downloading roms and getting them to work from data you need a good browser a computer and transferred over to the root of your SD card then try the ROM wipe everything except for your SD card I've done that at least three times usually before installing a fresh ROM I'd wipe it all user data all except for SD card

Yeah, thanks for that. it doesnt help. I do most of this stuff anyways. Also I download my roms using my desktop/laptop. then transfer. its easier. I can also edit the rom if needbe. Also its overkill to wipe everything three times.

Upvote 0
Yeah, thanks for that. it doesnt help. I do most of this stuff anyways. Also I download my roms using my desktop/laptop. then transfer. its easier. I can also edit the rom if needbe. Also its overkill to wipe everything three times.

To each there own on the wiping, , could be why mine works & yours dont, but ok ill stay out now if u do this all the time ull figure it out on your own iam sure

Some people ull never please mob but my rom works excellent thank you

Upvote 0
To each there own on the wiping, , could be why mine works & yours dont, but ok ill stay out now if u do this all the time ull figure it out on your own iam sure

Some people ull never please mob but my rom works excellent thank you

Wow, full of yourself much. I've no need to put people down. I also use periods.

Also when did I put down Mobster? People these days.

Anyways I removed all my self installed apps. The issue has been resolved.

Upvote 0
Actually no I'm not and I'm using the talk to text feature anyhow I just told you what I do flashing a fresh ROM especially since I'm on 4ext recovery and it is RC meaning that to me that its not complete now I'm not going to sit here and justify anything I'm no expert but I also know that if you have talent doing this stuff all the time you can figure it out so why have him do all this work looking for issues but I'm not having seems like a staple stable rom why risk a whole bunch of people having issues that's all I'm saying not for myself at all but would like for him to continue making roms for our phone, but think what you want this is the last i'lll say of it, and I'm glad you got it working

Not like everybody reads from the beginning but I'd hope what I'd said helps anybody else out they may have had an issue the whole explaining thing wasn't for you in particular

Upvote 0
So does the HTC evo v 4g offer wireless hotspot for free via this rom? Everytime I try to turn on the feature, I get an error and my mobile connection gets dropped.

I tried with a Unsensable or whatever its called ROM and I couldnt turn Wifi on. I came from the Motorola Triumph and that let me activate the wireless hotspot feature. Im so sad this phone doesnt let me do it but at the same time Im not sure its due to the service provider as Virgin has a plan you pay for hotspot feature. So anyone could tell me whats up?

Upvote 0
The Evo v 4G does offer hotspot its on the box that I still have it was one of its attractions to me, you still only get 2.5 gigabytes of data before your throttle and you can always get wifi tether from the Play Store they also have several versions wifi tether in f-droid I've learned that you can't change your DNS or you can but you gotta change it back to mobile or google's dns if you want a hotspot tether though

Added pic from my box it says connect up to 5 wifi enabled devices but most roms u have to use wifi tether which i believe u can only connect 1 device at a time i could be wrong there never tried

Upvote 0
Had to do another post to include pic

Attachments

• 1376261174347.jpg
    1376261174347.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
So does the HTC evo v 4g offer wireless hotspot for free via this rom? Everytime I try to turn on the feature, I get an error and my mobile connection gets dropped.

I tried with a Unsensable or whatever its called ROM and I couldnt turn Wifi on. I came from the Motorola Triumph and that let me activate the wireless hotspot feature. Im so sad this phone doesnt let me do it but at the same time Im not sure its due to the service provider as Virgin has a plan you pay for hotspot feature. So anyone could tell me whats up?
Do this and wireless hotspot should work for free. I've done this and it works:

Go into Wifi-tether, then Settings
Change Change Device-Profile to Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
Go down to The Lan Section and enable routing fix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones