• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Remix - 07/18/13 only 265 MB

07/17/2013

• Fixed Slow Downs caused by Memory
  • Increased Performance
  • Prepared as Base for UPR

Updated and fixed the Slow Downs. Unlocked Potential Remix "should" be up tomorrow.

Edit: Can Anyone beat this on any Rom? 581 MB Free Ram!!!!!!!

k69n.png

Edit2: this beaten by me here-> http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...remix-07-18-13-only-265-mb-5.html#post6003232

Upvote 0
There is a bit I would like to see yet with this ROM that would make it perfect.

• Emoji support systemwide
  • Lock Screen Widgets (Or lock screen thats 4.2.2 esk)
  • Google Now back, it's been working for me over on Angry Bean
  • Customizable home screen (change rows and columns and amount of rows in dock).
  • Copy paste enabled system wide where ever text is, like if I want to copy and paste Facebook status' or Tweets or other apps like those.

I dunno if this is possible but I think it'd be a great addition to the ROM, I can download things like GoLauncher, emoji fonts, etc. I just prefer it to come stock, so I have as little bloat as possible. I think I'm about to give this ROM another shot as of right now. I need MMS, would like 3D to work the enhanced performance etc. So I'm gonna come back and see what's more important.

Upvote 0
So whats the big deal in using the Mirage Kernel??

I have never flashed a Kernel before, and I just did it successfully. Just not sure what the benefits are.
There's a lot and I recommend you download Kernel Tuner from the Play store and you can see all the new options you get with your new Kernel. There's guides you can read up on that describe some of the things, but you'll have to test things for yourself to see what kind of performance you get from your set-up and usage habits.

Upvote 0
Rooting my EVO for the first time today and will flash this as my ROM. Based on all the great feedback, this ROM should be great.

So I unlocked my phone using that newbie guide and flashed the ROM. Everything is good except my phone isn't rooted. I flashed a couple different superusers files I've found and even reflashed this ROM with no success.

I am s-on with hboot 1.58 so I don't know if that is keeping my phone from being rooted. This ROM boots up and works fine. I'm typing this on my phone, I just can't get root access. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
So I unlocked my phone using that newbie guide and flashed the ROM. Everything is good except my phone isn't rooted. I flashed a couple different superusers files I've found and even reflashed this ROM with no success.

I am s-on with hboot 1.58 so I don't know if that is keeping my phone from being rooted. This ROM boots up and works fine. I'm typing this on my phone, I just can't get root access. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wipe system, cache, dalvik cache, and if you want data then reflash the Rom

Reactions: LBC99
Upvote 0
Mobstergunz PMd me a fix so I am now rooted and running this ROM.

The only issue I have now is that when I turn on 4G I get no data connection. I live in an area with a pretty good 4G connection, so I don't know if this is an issue with the ROM or something with my phone. I am hboot 1.58 and I have read that tends to makes things difficult with custom ROMs.

Upvote 0
I'm having issues trying to get it to connect with my Moga blue tooth controller. It has worked on numerous other Roms, but the phone cannot seem to find the controller either through the blue tooth settings or the Moga universal driver app...

Was anything changed with Bluetooth on this ROM? Anyone else having issues with Bluetooth controllers?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones