• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MS870] Katana

I finally got a chance to look at this, but I'm not sure if this would work for us. I think he made those for the Nexus which can potentially brick us. Unless someone who doesn't mind bricking tries it to let us know. lol :D

edit: This still may help in getting our Gapps inverted.

I'm using the playstore and youtube apps from him.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Actually I tried the black and Trasparent Play store and the black YouTube last night and they all worked but I know the Google now one won't work but doesn't cause brick ..
That's awesome, thanks for the info.

By any chance have you tried the inverted gmail?

Don't worry about google now, we have it inverted from JB.

As soon as I find out all the ones that work, I'll make a flashable package for us. Of course giving credit to the guy for his work.

Thanks

Upvote 0
That's awesome, thanks for the info.

By any chance have you tried the inverted gmail?

Don't worry about google now, we have it inverted from JB.

As soon as I find out all the ones that work, I'll make a flashable package for us. Of course giving credit to the guy for his work.

Thanks

No problem and no I haven't tried the gmail app but I'm going to try a few more soon

Upvote 0
I tried 70% of them and everyone and they worked. The ones that are system apps have to be uninstallef with an app like titanium back up reinstalled from the playstore Reboot your phone uninstall then install the custom apk

use root explorer and delete the apk from system app folder. then move the new apk to the folder, reset permissions and reboot.

Upvote 0
Hey guys i was wondering , if i flash this on my phone . Will i still be able to do everything as usual with no lag ? Is the only difference the color ?
The differences are in the feature list of the rom post. As far as lag, everyone uses there device differently so it would be hard to give an accurate answer.

I can say that I don't feel lag, but even on the stock rom I never did.

If your considering installing this perhaps you should wait till I post the update with some minor changes. When I post it there will also be a change log with all the changes.

I'm expecting to post it today or tomorrow.

Reactions: determined sou
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot guys , you guys are on top of things thats really great . I was just wondering since last time i flashed a rom on another phone . (completely different phone) it wouldnt let me play the games) like before . I wasent trying to talk smack or anything , just a bit curious . Thanks again

yeah i know what you mean. even like the funky playstore download issues. I've haven't had any of that on GT's ROM's as of yet. If I do he'll hear about it lol. :argh::pound::pcguru::secruity::boxing:

Upvote 0
I was also wondering , why does it have so little views , is everyone already in love with icy ? Or could it be a price issue ? How much did you guys gets your spirit for ? Sorry if this is completely unrelated , ignore it if you must i wont mind .

icy was his first, it's basicaly a cleaned Up Stock ROM, alot of people liked the stock rom, just wanted rid of bloat. katana is more of a custom rom. so I think its more for those that like to flash roms and have something to play around with.

I paid the full price the day it came out,with the mail in rebate that im still waiting for.

I was pretty much one of the first on the spirit forum. I think GT was also. I was the one bricking my phone trying to find a root that would work lol. That first week, I think i soft bricked and bootlooped my phone like 10 times. Also factory reset it like 5 times. would pull my hair out while crying: WHY!!? WHY ME!!? PLEASE, PLEASE JUST WORK!!:motz::banghead::dong::bawling:

Upvote 0
I was also wondering , why does it have so little views , is everyone already in love with icy ? Or could it be a price issue ? How much did you guys gets your spirit for ? Sorry if this is completely unrelated , ignore it if you must i wont mind .
The views are probably because Icy was posted on 3/25/2013 and Katana on 4/18/2013. Plus Icy was the first rom to fill the craze for a custom rom for the Spirit.

I walked out the door with mine for $305.95 and am awaiting my $70 rebate.

As for your previous question, I don't have any games on mine maybe someone else will fill you in on that.

Upvote 0
The views are probably because Icy was posted on 3/25/2013 and Katana on 4/18/2013. Plus Icy was the first rom to fill the craze for a custom rom for the Spirit.

I walked out the door with mine for $305.95 and am awaiting my $70 rebate.

As for your previous question, I don't have any games on mine maybe someone else will fill you in on that.

I beat you to it again :aetsch:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones