• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM10 build 20120825 [ALPHA]

Man, I was just messing with CM10 and was searching the play store for a diagnostic app, and found this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.electricsheep.asi I haven't had a chance yet to look through it all but it gives model numbers and everything for almost every piece of hardware in our phones, just need to run it on stock to see if we can track down all the hardware. Just figured I'd throw this out there.

Nice, I will check this out and install stock on the dev phone!

Upvote 0
Hey Bsydz you and I only live about two hours from each other. You guys sure have made a lot of progress in a short time with Jellybean.

That's cool, man it was a hot one today. I'm beat, can't seem to get out of my chair. Thanks, I have spent quite a bit of time the last two weeks with this. As soon as we get all of our individual fixes worked into the MTDEV github, things should get rolling.

Don't forget to thank mantera, he already had everything setup to build for the most part, and I referenced his CM9 for alot of the fixes. I also used a few CM9 and 10 source codes for reference. Also rukin5197 for getting us to a bootable system.

That is actually my 20th build or so, so I can't remember what all I did, cause I have been working on 3G this last week. I just have to get my build back to before I was messing with 3G before I push anything up, I don't wanna break stuff for anybody. That's just more work for everybody else. So, wish us luck, we're gonna need it. :D

Upvote 0
Has work stopped on this? Just wondering, not complaining.

It's been 3 days since a new version was released and you're asking if the development stopped? Really? The MTDEV team is developing CM7, CM9, and CM10 simultaneously using a horribly outdated kernel because Motorola refuses to release source information. Development is still underway this kind of thing just takes time.

Reactions: andr2d2 and henslo
Upvote 0
Has work stopped on this? Just wondering, not complaining.

Work is actually kinda heave on this ROM. The kernel is really hard, like Banished Angel said. I kida wish you could see the banter back and forth between the group. We don't intend to release anything that is junk. When we make some headway you'll see a new release, with bugs, but some real improvements. Also, some of the work that goes into one goes into the others. For that, it's easier to release a patched up working CM7, than to release another very broken CM9/10.

Upvote 0
I love this work, sadly the DL link isn't working. It says itll be done downloading in half an hour (my connection is speedy, so its not me), and when it reaches 30MB down, it says complete, yet its not.
Please if you have time, a Mirror would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Have you see the dl.mtdev.us site? There is a working copy on there.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones