• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] n_i_x's MIUI - "Complete UI Overhaul"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Features:
Working Wifi Tether
Menu+Vol Down for screen shot (Saved to SD/MIUI)
Deleting an icon from stock launcher uninstalls the program
3 power bar options (Including an across-the-top version like from WinMo)
Apps2SD
720P Recording does work.

I haven't been able to get Wifi Tether (pre-8 or pre-9) working on this ROM. Tried repairing permissions as suggested on another site. Tried the default kernel as well as the news King's AOSP kernel. Anyone know how I can resolve this? It's the only thing keeping me from using this ROM more.

Upvote 0
Wasn't this already posted here:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-roms/181731-check-out-new-rom-over-xda.html

Why didn't the mods combine these threads?

I am aware of that and the reason I have not yet merged them is because the first post in this thread is far more detailed and useful than the first post in that thread.

Of course if people disagree I will gladly merge the 2 but I would hate to see the first post in this thread get lost in the middle of the original thread.

GMB

Upvote 0
When I install v1.1 through Clockwork after wipe of all data, cache, and davlik, I am able to get it to do the initial boot and setup but once i turn the phone off or reboot it doesn't finish the boot sequence. It hangs at ANDROID with it blinking over and over again.

I am using .92 boot and 2.15 radio and have tried using all of the other kernels (andrenyline, koush test, king) as well.

What am I doing wrong or what can I adjust to get it working?

Upvote 0
When I install v1.1 through Clockwork after wipe of all data, cache, and davlik, I am able to get it to do the initial boot and setup but once i turn the phone off or reboot it doesn't finish the boot sequence. It hangs at ANDROID with it blinking over and over again.

I am using .92 boot and 2.15 radio and have tried using all of the other kernels (andryline, koush test, king) as well.

What am i doing wrong or what can I adjust to get it working?

I dont think its fixable right now. Were awaiting an Update.

Upvote 0
This ROM is so cool and fast! Very different than what I am used to.

It reminds me of RUBY with an iOS make-over. I was going to try LP, but I think that would ruin the effect.

I have had a 2 FC's in the iris 3D gallery and 1 within the stock browser after playing with it for 4 hours. Bluetooth does not work and there are some minor bugs (720P video no workie), but over all it's more stable and solid than RUBY imo. Battery life is excellent. Nice little touches all over the place lcokscreen around the lock while charging gets a greenish glow

I'm using setcpu not OC'ing just a screen off profile. Cool graphics, great noti bar with "switchpro-like" widgets within, an awesome idea!

Give it try if you haven't it's fun stuff!

I wiped/data/datadata then wiped cache then wiped dalvik. Installed .2 and got status7 error. Rebooted from within clockwork and bam it's good to go. Rebooted and installed the english 1 zip. Did a *22899 and got 3G up. No FB sync for those that depend on it.

Has anyone seen the the green battery bar at the top while charging? Pretty cool! :D

EDIT: oh forgot and I'm using 2.15.00.07.28 radio and 77 hboot.

Upvote 0
Anyone figure out how to get the English dictionary for the keyboard? My keyboard does not auto correct when I use this ROM.

no clue - did you install the English patch? I am one of the lucky Swype beta testers - my keyboard works just fine on this ROM.

sounds like IncredibleDoes is running in to more problems than solutions according to his twitter account...

"Going to delay MIUI... log is not coming up either, reverting to 0.1 and taking it from there." 9 hours ago

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones