Rom toolbox pro -ad blocker

1. dan44762000

dan44762000 Well-Known Member

have just installed this app , updated hosts file , turned "live ad detection" on and enabled "disable components" on angry birds .

rebooted phone - but still get ads .

this shouldn't happen right ?

i don't see what i am doing wrong .

any help please

dan

Advertisement
    :
  2. legmando33

legmando33 Well-Known Member

What I do is turn on "Block Ads" and click to block "x" then reboot. Works great for me.

Attached Files:

3. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

It hasn't worked for me in months. It just hangs when attempting to download host files.

What I do is install ad away. Enable it, reboot. Go into romtoolbox and backup the hostfiles and uninstall ad away if you want. (i do because i don't like unnecessary stuff installed).
  4. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

If I am already using AdAway, but I have ROM Toolbox Pro as well. Should I use the ad blocker feature in ROM Toolbox? The different ad blockers seen to replace the same set of host files. I wonder if they would interfere each other.
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes you can i also do it cause the ad away has a scan process which tells u which one is good for you after u get the ads gone now just delete the ad away from the playstore and boom ad free.
  6. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

There is a "special" app out there that has a feature that removes ads from ALL apps. Due to forum policy I cant divulge the app name but it's very common and does a great job at removing ads.

Just pm me if you think your worthy. ;)
  7. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

I still have the old apk with ad blocker btw. Anybody want send pm.

Ps you must be a purchaser or it won't pass registration for you.
    mike28 likes this.
  8. kungfu411

kungfu411 Well-Known Member

They removed all the ad block apps from the market, i was reading. I found the ad block apk, put it in system apps i prefer ROM toolbox ad blocker.. instead of ad away cuz it blocks some sites i use..only app that actually stop ad's from apps is the one that came with pimp my ROM

Edit:Also find this useful post from XDA but since i was on touch wiz i couldn't use the shortcut

s everybody heard, Google Play removed all Ad blocking apps from the Play Store, so JRummy had to remove his AdBlocker app from the market, and remove the feature from the ROM Toolbox package.

But looking for a solution, I found that JRummy only removed the links to the AdBlocker from his app, the main parts are still hidden in the app, and are still easily accessible:
    1- On the home screen, long-press to create a Shortcut to an activity (Create Shortcut, type Activity)
    2- Select the ROM Toolbox app, and in it select "com.jrummy.apps.ad.blocker.activities.AdBlockerAct ivity"
    [​IMG]

3- There you are, the AdBlocker is back
    [​IMG]

(Hope Google doesn't read XDA, so that JRummy can leave the shortcut there)
  9. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

well im sure it will take much Luck for peeps to find it :D
    Fuzzy13 likes this.
  10. Scooda954

Scooda954 Active Member

Can someone please PM me this "special" app?
  11. 11jjonn

11jjonn Well-Known Member

I'm on JB 4.1.2, Metropolis 1.2 ROM. Long-pressing the HomeScreen does nothing.
    Do I need to resort to Stock JB, then modify ToolboxPro & save to external -- then come back to 1.2?

Or.......

Any thoughts about: Mother of All AD-........??
  12. kungfu411

No need to go through all that. Here's the link to the apk
    http://db.tt/rCjB5e5R :)
    kbshowtyme and 11jjonn like this.
  13. 11jjonn

11jjonn Well-Known Member

Downloaded, installed, running ---- tx for sharing
  14. kungfu411

koo..no problem-o :)
  15. imSHAD

imSHAD Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I still use adaway
    yet i feel as if im making a terrible mistake using it.

Any advantages of using this one other than the one Im using now
    ?
  16. kungfu411

with ad away it blocks some websites that i use like comicbookmovie.com it blocks the videos ..with romtoolbox it blocks the unnecessary ads but i can still view my videos.. up to you