• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs [ROM V4.2.2 JB CM11 For the LG Motion MS770

D

Deleted User

Welcome guys I'm kinda new here and I built a cm11 for the lg motion ms770 as you all know what cyanogenmod is, so I'm going to cut to the chase

This ROM is based off of the LG MOTION V3.0.8 KERNEL and is intend only for the motion

But wait here's the next gen installation protocol witch mean this cm11 version doesn't require gapps to be installed because i implemented the scripts to install gapps already configured to install in the is witch was in testing fully functional

But you require VerC_modem zip for WiFi and cellular connections

Here's what partially not working
* video in 1080p is purple

Heres what's working
* everything is working

Change log:

* added cm updater in about phone you now check for updates

* added an option in build.prop that allows you to enable on screen soft keys will be located on the last bottom option requires build.prop editor to change it note that 1 is to enable and 0 is to disable

* reoptimized the build.prop to force GPU rendering and video accelerating

*changed how the proccessr handles proccesing by not being run dynamically but only runned by the GPU for faster processing

* Latest Google Play Store is now a system app so as YouTube and gmail

*CM file manager was removed because it was the stupidest app to have

* latest version of busybox is installed as apart of the is and much fixes

Download ROM: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwqrLkcMo7PgTEN2VVBvQm9HckU/edit?usp=docslist_api

If you need help installing here's how

Step 1: install a custom recovery compatible with the lg motion

Step 2 reboot the phone into recovery

Step 3 go to advanced and click wipe dalvik cache

Step 4 then go to mounts and storage and click format /data

Step 5 then go back to the recoveries main menu and press the HOME button to switch from interal or external and install the zip and verC_modem.zip

Once installation is complete wipe and factory reset phone this optional but it does keep your fresh install clean before first time use

NOTE: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DONT BACKUP OR FORGET TO READ THE INSTALL GUIDE GIVEN IF YOUR RECOVERY DOESNT SWITCH SD CARDS PLEASE CONSIDER RESEARCHING ON HOW TO INSTALL THIS ROM ON YOUR PHONE WITH THE RECOVERY YOU HAVE INSTALLED

Special Thanks to:
PlayFulGod for his CM Updater
&
Bobzhome for his logo and other fixes keep on rockin

Reactions: sendivogius
Hopefully op is still following this thread.

I'm having a serious WiFi issue. My connection drops n doesn't reconnect unlessi manually turn wifi off and back on.

This is an lg motion bBTW with verc modem flashed when the ROM was flashed . phone was factory reset as recommended as well. I happen to have 4 motions. 2 with cm11 and 2 on stock but rooted as well.

The other 2 never drop Wi-Fi but the 2 with cm11 do constantly.

I only discovered this because I was using my old phones as a home surveillance system and I kept losing connection .

Upvote 0
Ihave the update after this one. Thats the thread with no replies correct? I have it.

Wifi hasnt been too cooperative. However since i just gave myself a reason to reflash the ROM and ver c modem I'll see if that helped (accidently changed lcd
Density and couldnt get past the lockscreen so i rebooted into recovery and reflashed.

So ill see if that helps. Hopefully so.

Is the update still leaving us on jellybean or is this gonna be the kit kat im hearing about no big deal either way just curious. Will it be an ota style update or will we have to download and flash it?

Upvote 0
@nowucme: The thread with no replies is not the latest version of this ROM. There is a newer one, http://androidforums.com/rom-development/875653-critical-update-v4-2-2-lg-motion-4g-ms770.html

Try that one and see if that fixes your wifi issues.

As far as I can see, this is still JB and it still requires a manual update, no OTA updates yet.

@Cyberdev: Wouldn't it be better to continue the updates on a single thread rather than the three that are already in existence?

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Well its hard because the moderators dont allow me to change the thread name to let users know an update is available kinda sucks but im releasing a site soon that will have all my builds so it wont over post anything on android forums and i aplogize to the forums that i overposted, also yes its still in jb but im still working the kinks out to get it prepared for kit kat merging did that to a tom once amazinly fast as hell plus gives helps me learn to solve issues too

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones