• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Velocity V1.0 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.1 Froyo | Super Fast | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I had not been able to verify anyone actually saying this before your post. Now I have to wonder why my two paired devices, a Samsung WM6 phone and a Dell Axim X51v PDA running WM5, cannot connect to my Ally (or vice versa). It sees them both, and displays them both in the Ally's Settings, and even displays their Bluetooth MAC when using ES File Explorer, but when I tap on one to connect the "searching" spinning circle just keeps spinning for several minutes and never connects. Unfortunately I have no other kinds of BT device with which to test the Ally.

Upvote 0
Has anyone got Bluetooth to work while using Velocity 1? I can get 2 devices (both are Windows Mobile) paired, but I can't connect to either of them.

Yes, my motorola ear piece works. It took several attempts. Takes me around 30 minutes to get it to connect the first time. After that it will connect as soon as I turn it on.

I have had this issue with stock froyo and all custom roms.

Upvote 0
If you got your Froyo from an over-the-air update from LG/Verizon, then you MUST complete that guide if you want to flash Velocity 1.0

OMGOSH!! Even though I didn't complete the guide (I couldnt get it to work), I decided to try and flash Velocity v1.0 anyway, and it WORKED! :D I'm so happy. I was on the verge of giving up on ever having Velocity again.

It friggin rocks! Faster and more stable than ever. Got my CPU clocked at 787 MHz right now. Loving the new wallpapers and the new keyboard as well. Thanks a ton Trident, Savoxis and Getitnow for all your hard work.

Upvote 0
Just a quick question about the script updates. I just rooted my phone for the first time last night and installed Velocity and have been enjoying the new speed immensely. When I go into the Terminal and check for script updates it says I have the latest scripts but I don't see any of the new things like the stagefright toggle. I assume I am missing something but I haven't been able to find anything using my google fu.

Upvote 0
OMGOSH!! Even though I didn't complete the guide (I couldnt get it to work), I decided to try and flash Velocity v1.0 anyway, and it WORKED! :D I'm so happy. I was on the verge of giving up on ever having Velocity again.

It friggin rocks! Faster and more stable than ever. Got my CPU clocked at 787 MHz right now. Loving the new wallpapers and the new keyboard as well. Thanks a ton Trident, Savoxis and Getitnow for all your hard work.

I rooted my phone last night using SuperOneClick 1.6.5, installed ROM manager and flashed clockwork recovery then installed Velocity from the recovery menu. I already had the OTA Froyo update and didn't have any problems besides forgetting to partition the sd card.

Upvote 0
Yes, my motorola ear piece works. It took several attempts. Takes me around 30 minutes to get it to connect the first time. After that it will connect as soon as I turn it on.

I have had this issue with stock froyo and all custom roms.

30 minutes to connect sure seems crazy to me. What happens during those 30 minutes? What do you see on the phone?

Upvote 0
30 minutes to connect sure seems crazy to me. What happens during those 30 minutes? What do you see on the phone?

It will tell me it is paired but not connected. I have to scan repeatedly until it finally connects.

It may just be certain brands of bue tooth. My wife's Ally is stock, and her blue tooth connected no problem. But, it was working when she took the OTA to Froyo, and did not have to set it back up. Her blue tooth is a different brand than mine. I cant remember what type.

I only have to do this after I flash a rom, as once I get it to connect, I have no problems from that point on.

Upvote 0
Lol people are doen it my way.guess the velocity team isn't seeing somthing. Speaking of which. Did they make a run for it after creating this rom? Saying screw these guys and started on a different phone or are they watching us secretly or takin a break and enjoying life
I say get a big dev team together and get us honeycomb. It will work just a matter of porting

Upvote 0
Lol people are doen it my way.guess the velocity team isn't seeing somthing. Speaking of which. Did they make a run for it after creating this rom? Saying screw these guys and started on a different phone or are they watching us secretly or takin a break and enjoying life
I say get a big dev team together and get us honeycomb. It will work just a matter of porting

Superoneclick isnt recommended. That software was built so one could obtain root on the g1 and downgrade firmware.

And dont talk ill of the people making your phone better. Be happy that people are making roms. We will never have honeycomb on our phones.

Reactions: Caddlad
Upvote 0
It will tell me it is paired but not connected. I have to scan repeatedly until it finally connects.

It may just be certain brands of bue tooth. My wife's Ally is stock, and her blue tooth connected no problem. But, it was working when she took the OTA to Froyo, and did not have to set it back up. Her blue tooth is a different brand than mine. I cant remember what type.

I only have to do this after I flash a rom, as once I get it to connect, I have no problems from that point on.

Fortunately for me, I don't really need to use Bluetooth right now. But thanks for explaining how you got it to connect. Perhaps it is something the Velocity dev team can wrangle in a future update. :)

Upvote 0
Android has become an all out war for who has best software running on there devices. Honeycomb is possible because they've ported it to the nook color and that is the lowest grade android device ther is
As a dev for tablets. I've found all android devices to be related

Just because some one put an os on one device doesnt mean it will work on all. Thats like saying we could get windows on our phones cause there is a windows fone. And you really shouldn't speak poorly of the people making ur shitty phone perform like a good one. Trident and the rest of the Team bust their asses for basically free. I dont think any of the devs even use the ally is there main fone so this is all purely volunteer work done out of the goodness of their hearts. Beggars can't be choosers. Why don't you port it to the ally.

Upvote 0
Honeycomb is an OS designed mainly for tablets. Also, if you look at Trident's twitter account "twitter.com/bryanowens" you can read that he is "Taking a break from the android scene for a little bit." All we could do is thank him, and his team for the work that they have done and anxiously await their return.

Thank you for bringing Trident's hiatus to light for those of us who do not use social networking clients such as Twitter. He certainly deserves a rest! (Probably burned out while creating this nice Velocity 1 ROM!) :)

Upvote 0
Awesome job man, but I have one complaint, which is a big deal for me. When I am connected to a wifi network and I put the phone to sleep, when I wake it back up, it won't reconnect to the network. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to manually toggle wifi. Then when I put it back to sleep, the problem repeats itself

Upvote 0
Awesome job man, but I have one complaint, which is a big deal for me. When I am connected to a wifi network and I put the phone to sleep, when I wake it back up, it won't reconnect to the network. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to manually toggle wifi. Then when I put it back to sleep, the problem repeats itself

When in wifi menu hit the menu button and go to advanced, wifi sleep policy is what you want to change.

Upvote 0
No comment on the tweet thing
Thinking I will try the port myself then and far as shitty phone goes. If u wna spend the money on a phone that becomes obsolete a day later. By all means

Do you do anything but complain? You used superoneclick instead of the root guide and the root guide is a cake walk compared to porting over a tablet OS onto our under powered phones. You honestly just don't know what you are talking about and being extremely rude at the same time.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I too am diggin' Vel1 for my Ally 2.2. and also forgot to repartition my sd card. Can I/should I still do it? How should I go about it without screwin' the pooch? Do I need to move certain apps back to internal first? I've already had my Ally replaced like, 3 times due to "trial and error" and don't think Verizon will send me a new one....again! I believe I've learned from my mistakes. Thanks for any assistance I can get. Rock on!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I too am diggin' Vel1 for my Ally 2.2. and also forgot to repartition my sd card. Can I/should I still do it? How should I go about it without screwin' the pooch? Do I need to move certain apps back to internal first? I've already had my Ally replaced like, 3 times due to "trial and error" and don't think Verizon will send me a new one....again! I believe I've learned from my mistakes. Thanks for any assistance I can get. Rock on!!!!!!

Velocity 1.0 doesn't use any partitions for apps2sd. It uses froyo style apps2sd. No need to partition!

Reactions: Nemesiis
Upvote 0
Ran into some issues last night. 1)even with root access, the velocity scripts are denied permission. They worked for a while then I did something I have no idea what. 2) phone would not charge via usb to ac adapter. The charge indicators were active (the led and icon animation) butt no juice. Charged fine via usb dc car adapter and pc usb port. The ac adapter is known to be good.

Update 1: I tried to run a script update. That's when the velocity script lost permission even after su is issued.

Update 2: Re-root by flashing su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip again. Then decided to check the file permissions of the script. Chmod'ed the file. Got an error running the script about unterminated string literal. Downloaded the a new copy from the interwebs and all is good..... still no idea why it didn't charge last night when it was plugged in and indicated charging.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones