• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

I didn't have issues with the camera, but had all kinds of FC's in gapps, and acore. Also noticed battery having issues, like the charge level dropping when it's on the charger. I've restored a backup, so I'm running fine now. I hadn't said anything yet because I figured I had a bad download or a bad flash. I'll try again when the next update with the camera fix drops, and report my results.

Upvote 0
I can confirm 0103 runs fine. None of the issues I had with yesterday's build. In fact, my PowerAmp widget is behaving itself, something it hasn't done in about six weeks.

Edit::Further info on PowerAmp for Jerry- All the 1.x versions of PowerAmp worked great with BACKside. When they made the jump to 2.x, all of the possible widget configurations were a little wonky. Never updating, sometimes failing to launch the app, etc. I was on their forums trying to get it fixed, but never mentioned it here because I knew it wasn't your ROM. Don't know what changed between 1221 and 0102(3) that would effect it, but thought you might find it interesting.

Reactions: JerryScript
Upvote 0
Strange, it was definitely borked on more than just my phone, does it say 20120102 in the Build ID under About phone in Settings? I didn't even realize it till it was posted by thekraven in another forum. I even know which part of the code was borked, and have fixed it just now, will be posting an updated build soon as testing is complete. ;)

Build ID eng.jerryscript.20120102-152500

Upvote 0
Just flashed 1.03 and my uot theme. It seems that the notification dropdown background on default, overrides my theme. So instead of being 50% transparent like I set on my theme it is opaque. But with the color changer option now, u can just set it to black at 50percent and after boot it looks like it should

I noticed this also. It over rides whatever background I choose. I cannot seem to find the settings to change the background color. Where did you find that?

never mind. Found it. Status bar tweaks. Knew I overlooked it last time

Reactions: JerryScript
Upvote 0
Same here.
The default wallpaper is built in to /system/framework/framework-res. apk and as far as I know there is no easy way to get it back once changed. The only way I can do it is to set sdcard image as wallpaper, delete it from the sdcard, change something in the framework-res.apk, recompile and replace the original framework-res.apk.
BTW anyone got the 2-way call recording working with the new kernel? Mine doesn't after regular ROM update. Maybe I have to do clean ROM install with full wipe?

Reactions: 5431
Upvote 0
I removed the live wallpapers that are normally included with IHO to cut down on size. As it is, people have issues with downloading apps, no reason to take up more space with useless wallpapers that can be downloaded from the market or other sources. In fact, I just checked the IHO wiki, and every single IHO dev has removed live wallpapers from their build.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's actually for good reason. ;)

Upvote 0
Same here.
The default wallpaper is built in to /system/framework/framework-res. apk and as far as I know there is no easy way to get it back once changed. The only way I can do it is to set sdcard image as wallpaper, delete it from the sdcard, change something in the framework-res.apk, recompile and replace the original framework-res.apk.
BTW anyone got the 2-way call recording working with the new kernel? Mine doesn't after regular ROM update. Maybe I have to do clean ROM install with full wipe?

Did you download one of the call recording apps from the market?

Upvote 0
hi, sorry im new here and just flashed the newest build. how do i get the live wallpaper that's in the screenshots in the op? also, i changed my wallpaper and now i can't seem to find the default wallpaper anywhere, is there a way to get it back?

Jerry isn't using live wallpaper. If you long press the home screen, then choose wallpaper, it's under Cyanogen wallpaper, the first or second one listed.

Upvote 0
hi, sorry im new here and just flashed the newest build. how do i get the live wallpaper that's in the screenshots in the op? also, i changed my wallpaper and now i can't seem to find the default wallpaper anywhere, is there a way to get it back?

The one in Jerry's screenshot is the Nexus Live wallpaper. I think there's probably a few variations of it around, but here's one from the Market to get you going. ;)

Reactions: 5431
Upvote 0
Same here.
i found the default wallpaper.;) if you use file manager and copythe apk to the sdcard, then open it on your computer using winrar, it's in the /drawable folder as default_wallpaper.jpg. here i uploaded it for your convenience:
cKfI6.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones