• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

You two should collaborate, lol. Do you use Metamorph to help you edit your themes? I'm interested in building my own now.

I use uot kitchen at the moment but do plan on looking into something I can use to create my own icons and also edit system icons the way in which rover did theres. I just don't have alot of time to dedicate with taking care of my kids.

Upvote 0
I use uot kitchen at the moment but do plan on looking into something I can use to create my own icons and also edit system icons the way in which rover did theres. I just don't have alot of time to dedicate with taking care of my kids.

its ok, take your time, your two themes are great (Grover being my favorite! :D)

and on a side note, I recently noticed that the IHO roms(mirage, backside, and bobzhomes roms) are now available through Rom Manager. although it may not update as soon as a new build is released, but it sure was an exciting site to behold! :D

Upvote 0
its ok, take your time, your two themes are great (Grover being my favorite! :D)

and on a side note, I recently noticed that the IHO roms(mirage, backside, and bobzhomes roms) are now available through Rom Manager. although it may not update as soon as a new build is released, but it sure was an exciting site to behold! :D

Um, the ROM developer is supposed to submit the ROM to ROM Manager, and I never did, so eye this with suspicion!

Upvote 0
THANK YOU ALL that have contributed to this thread--especially Jerry and the other resident experts here! After lurking here for the last seven months with my stocked OV--reading every single posts with some more than once, I finally rooted and switched over to the latest Backside. Awesome performance improvement! Very impressed and pleased. Thanks again everyone for making this effort so easy. :)

Just one minor observation, the status icon for Bluetooth changes its symbol, but the color doesn't change to green, when connected. I haven't install the Green Machine theme yet. Is this normal with CM7 as it was intended and designed? Turning green would seem to be a better UI since that icon is so tiny and hard to distinguish on the OV screen. No biggie...

Next step is reading up on the CPU governor modes and the V6 Supercharger scripts... :)

Reactions: JerryScript
Upvote 0
Um, the ROM developer is supposed to submit the ROM to ROM Manager, and I never did, so eye this with suspicion!
Neither have I
I installed ROM Manager to see for myself and it needed to install a new recovery to use it. Be WARNED, the recovery it installed does NOT work well with the OV. Anyway, the free version does not list any ROM's. I probably need the premium version to see the ROM's since it is Friday(weekend). I guess I'll have to wait until Monday...no biggie.

Upvote 0
Anyone have problems with Navigation? I used it yesterday and it was very slow when I tried changing options. After I had it set up, at one point during the trip it completely locked up. Luckily I was watching the distance info and noticed it wasn't changing.

Also, I'd like to renew my request for CIFS. Any chance it could be enabled in the next build?

Upvote 0
Anyone have problems with Navigation? I used it yesterday and it was very slow when I tried changing options. After I had it set up, at one point during the trip it completely locked up. Luckily I was watching the distance info and noticed it wasn't changing.

Also, I'd like to renew my request for CIFS. Any chance it could be enabled in the next build?

CIFS is enabled in the most recent two BACKside builds, and I believe in the most recent builds by BobZhome and mrg666. ;)

Upvote 0
Ok, so this happened...

Futzing with my phone at work (bad girl, I know) and decided to change my Fancy Widget weather skin to Miui Weather (which I had used previously w/ no problem). Set the skin, backed out of the settings menu and all hell broke loose!
ADW ex went into a force close loop, then google something (google service framework maybe?) started force closing. Had to pull the battery. Booted back up, force closes started back up almost immediatly, no time to delete the widget or change the skin. Got the phone into recovery, wiped cache & dalvik cache (don't know why, didn't know what else to do at that point) which I'm guessing is a no-no when your using Link2SD, because when I rebooted, EVERYTHING on the phone started throwing up force close errors. Back to recovery, wiped everything, reflashed, restored apps, relinked apps. OK. Being the sort of person that just can't leave well enough alone, I sort of...tried the skin again. It was defiantly the skin that started it...cuz it did it again.
*facepalm*
Repeat total wipe, reflash, etc, etc. This time I went back to the previous build, just in case. Also made a new nandroid of fresh restore. (yes,duh, should have done that the 1st time)
But..I'm too chicken to try the skin again on the newly flashed old build.

Anyone else have something like this happen? I'm guessing its rom related, because I had used the FW skin before and never had that happen...but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
I doubt it's ROM related, more likely Links2SD related. ;)

Did you have the skin's files stored on the phone's internal memory, or moved to the sdcard's ext partition via Links2SD?

i thiiiink everything was linked, but I honestly don't remember. I know at one time I have everything *unlinked* but I don't remember where they were when this happened. The weird thing was, all the other skins were fine, except that one. *shrug*

Anyhoo, sorry to post all that here if it was not, indeed,a rom issue. I don't mean to clog up the thread with my nonsense!

Upvote 0
sorry if i missed any responses about this, but i dont have a working bluetooth situation here. i have flashed the 1017 build, and everything seems to be fine except the bluetooth. it doesnt see any devices. i have more than one bluetooth set. am i just slow to recognize the solution or is this inherent in the build? Thanks fellas.

new problem
in addition to the bluetooth problem, i apparently cannot download from the market. i can go to it and search and select apps, but the download just hangs. i have tried on wifi and on 3g. am i missing something? thanks again

Upvote 0
sorry if i missed any responses about this, but i dont have a working bluetooth situation here. i have flashed the 1017 build, and everything seems to be fine except the bluetooth. it doesnt see any devices. i have more than one bluetooth set. am i just slow to recognize the solution or is this inherent in the build? Thanks fellas.

I just paired my bluetooth 3.0 mini keyboard with no issues. Haven't tried a headset, but at least I do know BT will pair. ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, cause i was browsing my local Target, and Walmart recently looking for a bluetooth keyboard, and the only ones that i have found were ones for the I-shmad, and android Tablets at around $60-$120, and recently looked on amazon and found this: Amazon.com: Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard For iPad PS3 Mac iPhone 4G: Electronics

i know that BT mice work with tablets, and would be interested in figuring out if they are compatible with our phones. even though that the screen is small, it would still be pretty cool to use a mouse lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones