• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROMS that work well with Go launcher

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would try rom #2 as well, but I cannot confirm how well it works. Should work great!

I built DoVerTeD rom with go launcher ex.... and it worked fantastic! Ran silky smooth and had all the really cool bells and whistles......HOWEVER.... I steered away from using go launcher due to the serious amount of BLOAT that comes along with it.
I was theming and adjusting go launcher to remove some of the garbage.... but I feLt that I should not modify the work of the Go Dev team without their permission.

Hope this info helps

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
That might explain the other poster's answer, then....
Or it could just be that I didn't want to say for sure since everyone's device/setup is different. For some GO will run perfect but for others it will be laggy. Like if you have all the social apps installed & Lots of apps running in background... You may experience lag with GO since it's a little heavy on resources. I think it's best for the OP to try it and make their own assessment.

No one in this thread has posted an uninformed answer. :thumb:

Upvote 0
I am using Go Launcher with #2 and even with my CPU underclocked I feel very little lag. Go Launcher is a bloated launcher and most other launchers will dominate it in the lag department. Anyways, it runs close to butter smooth for me.

Try closing out go launcher while its running putting it into cache see if lag stops

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones