• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Root after B08c update (should also work on earlier builds)

I successfully rooted my Warp, but then updated Superuser. Now the SU Binary Updater will not work. It shows latest version 3.1.1 and installed version 2.3.1 I hit the update button but it says " Fixing Database....fail! Any advice on this? My email won't work anymore.

Go to the market unistall superuser(doesn't really) then update binary then update superuser

Upvote 0
This is sofrustrating.icant.get the damn drivers to install.computer says phone is DVD.I've been trying for a month.wife is gonna divorce me if I don't stop being so consumed in getting this done.please somebody help get me rooted and donations will come your way

Okay please tell me the steps you have taken so far have you enabled usb debugging and unknown sources? Are you drivers up to date? Have you put the superuser zip on your sd card? Please feel free to pm me for further assistance i will be more then glad to help :D

Reactions: bricky
Upvote 0
I hey apollo thanks for replying sorry it took so long to get back to you trying to prove to the little lady that I can stay away from the phone for a little while. yeah I did the debugging. I just can't seem to get a drivers installed. I get to the part where in it you know it says windows or linex in a prius windows in then nothing happens I must be something wrong with the laptop that I'm using it to friends it's a little dots on an updated it all and now I'm confused on how to get superuser on my sd also the other day I tried and it didn't work but when i turnedmy phone back on cmw was on the bottom of my screen. I've had the computer scan for the drives it found them in system 32 but I also have them on my desktop so I'm not really sure what's going on. so with all that being said I guess my problem is when I click on windows to install the drivers and it asks me english after that nothing happens.thanks for any help

Upvote 0
I hey apollo thanks for replying sorry it took so long to get back to you trying to prove to the little lady that I can stay away from the phone for a little while. yeah I did the debugging. I just can't seem to get a drivers installed. I get to the part where in it you know it says windows or linex in a prius windows in then nothing happens I must be something wrong with the laptop that I'm using it to friends it's a little dots on an updated it all and now I'm confused on how to get superuser on my sd also the other day I tried and it didn't work but when i turnedmy phone back on cmw was on the bottom of my screen. I've had the computer scan for the drives it found them in system 32 but I also have them on my desktop so I'm not really sure what's going on. so with all that being said I guess my problem is when I click on windows to install the drivers and it asks me english after that nothing happens.thanks for any help

have you taken the drivers from knoxvilles video tutorial? maybe try pdanet too those are the two things i can suggest and no worries im always around :D

Upvote 0
Well I got cwm installed. And I got super user on sd card But now it says sd card can't mount When I'm in cwm. And I used a computer that had windows 7 instead of xp and I got the drivers to install no proble but it seems the computr is only recognizing my phone sometimes once in awhile it recognize the phone in the other times it says it's a cd player as soon as I hook up my usb cord so I guess first off I gotta figure out or you guys have to tell me how to get my sd card amount when I'm in cwm. thanks again hey I'm just psyched I got clockwork installed

Upvote 0
Well I got cwm installed. And I got super user on sd card But now it says sd card can't mount When I'm in cwm. And I used a computer that had windows 7 instead of xp and I got the drivers to install no proble but it seems the computr is only recognizing my phone sometimes once in awhile it recognize the phone in the other times it says it's a cd player as soon as I hook up my usb cord so I guess first off I gotta figure out or you guys have to tell me how to get my sd card amount when I'm in cwm. thanks again hey I'm just psyched I got clockwork installed

in cwm go to mounts and storage and manually mount the sd card and try if that doesnt work try a differnet sd card

Upvote 0
the program in the Ultimate warp drive file i am clicking on the RUN ME - root + cwm + patch + stock. Is that the wrong thing to use at this point? i already have all the drivers installed and pdanet is installed as well.

Hey man i had the same problem my pc installed all my drivers but when trying to root it said waiting on device the way i fixed this is installing pdanet for my windows so after stock drivers are installed on your computer download pdanet on your computer then try root again should have no problems after that

You can do it we can help
uknow

Upvote 0
update!!!, I finally got the damn thing rooted. thanks so much apollo star. it was the sd card. i just went and got another 1 . as soon as the card mounted I could fix permissions and it was golden from there I got super user goooood. I could have never done it without you guys thanks a lot. so can you guys give me the lowdown on the best roms to install .wich ones r the fastest. and the best rooted apps. there is a smell in the air and it smells like victory

Upvote 0
update!!!, I finally got the damn thing rooted. thanks so much apollo star. it was the sd card. i just went and got another 1 . as soon as the card mounted I could fix permissions and it was golden from there I got super user goooood. I could have never done it without you guys thanks a lot. so can you guys give me the lowdown on the best roms to install .wich ones r the fastest. and the best rooted apps. there is a smell in the air and it smells like victory

well bricky i can suggest you try out my ROM UnitologyV1.0B :D make sure to download titanium backup!!!! a purchase of root explorer is great! PM me if you have any questions or concerns
have a great day!

Upvote 0
Ok i have CWM I had to flash it to the phone, but when I am in CWM mode my computer will not recognize my device but as soon as I reboot my phone system the computer recognizes in android mode also have super user , i deleted usb driver and reinstalled from phone I have superuser , now I'm stuck also there is no yellow check mark in device manger

Upvote 0
Ok i have CWM I had to flash it to the phone, but when I am in CWM mode my computer will not recognize my device but as soon as I reboot my phone system the computer recognizes in android mode also have super user , i deleted usb driver and reinstalled from phone I have superuser , now I'm stuck also there is no yellow check mark in device manger

try this, it's been the source of a lot of the issues with drivers I think:

open dialer and enter *983*87274# choose AT

Upvote 0
hey guys, I've been following knoxville363's youtube tutorial to root my B08c ZTE Warp, but I'm running into the issue he's mentioned as well as others here. When I'm running through the CWM process and I get the <waiting for device> message, I get a popup from windows requesting to install drivers. I'm running on Windows Vista 32 Home Basic. Where can I find the drivers I need to install so I can get past the <waiting for device> message?

Upvote 0
@Gre3die3.... Have you rooted ur phone yet? If you haven't already, I highly recommend you going to Mr Bobo's post in the sticky section.... Easy Root for Boost Mobile. Follow the instructions and in about 10 minutes you'll be rooted. Once thats installed, check ur app drawer for super SU (looks like an android superman in flight). If you have it, ur rooted. download an app like Titanium Backup and make sure it asks for superuser permission!! Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones