Root and 2.1

Last Updated:

1. mette711

mette711 Member This Topic's Starter

OK so I rooted a while back and installed smoked glass. Now that 2. 1is out I'd like to go back stock for a little while. I made a nandroid backup of my phone when I rooted several months ago. My question is how do I get back to stock while keeping all my current applications?

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

you cant. I think there are programs that can backup your apps without requiring root but they cannot resync them to the market so you wont get updates. If you wanna go back to stock use DMUpdater but you will have to reinstall all your apps

3. mette711

So am I just screwed on my paid apps?

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

no they will still show up in the market as bought you just have to redownload them

Any you have bought in the last 24 hours will not show up right I dont think. It will think you returned them and you will have to buy again. You will only be charged once though

5. mette711

So at this point should I just reset to stock or just restore to my old nandroid backup?

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You need to go completely back to stock 2.0.1 for the 2.1 OTA to work. It is not a full ROM like the 2.0.1 OTA was, it just updates and patches whatever needs to be for it to become 2.1.

7. mette711

Ok to do this just restart holdinh x and do "wipe data/factory reset"? You have to forgivem my noobishness, I haven't really kept up with things since I rooted.

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

that will not restore you to stock. The easiest way would be to get dm updater which you can get by going to droidmod.org on your phone.

9. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Yea use the dmupdater app. If that doesn't work then I know of another method but it is best to do it with dmupdater instead.

10. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

backup your apps with astro file manager just in case even though, like the other guys said, your paid apps will show in the market.

after the dmupdater finishes, you may have problems. if so, boot into recovery, press the camera button and the up key and do a factory reset.