• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello there from your local neighborhood idiot.

Normal day, Rooting my new S6 phone... Realized I have selected the wrong Kernel for the root. I gave it some international package without checking the specs. I have Sprint on my phone, and this has caused it's touchscreen to stop working. I thought "meh, just got it, why not" and tried to factory reset... but it will not allow me to boot into the system repair menu... Whats my next best chance to getting a factory reset? or is there a Kernel for the SM-G920P hidden away somewhere?

I'm not a Samsung guy, so my knowledge there is limited. My guess would be that your best bet would be to flash the stock firmware through Odin (if it's available).

I'm going to move your thread to the S6 rooting section. Hopefully the others with your device will be able to help you sort it out.

Upvote 0
Hello there from your local neighborhood idiot.

Normal day, Rooting my new S6 phone... Realized I have selected the wrong Kernel for the root. I gave it some international package without checking the specs. I have Sprint on my phone, and this has caused it's touchscreen to stop working. I thought "meh, just got it, why not" and tried to factory reset... but it will not allow me to boot into the system repair menu... Whats my next best chance to getting a factory reset? or is there a Kernel for the SM-G920P hidden away somewhere?
"System repair menu"? You mean recovery...did you installed TWRP or Philz as your recovery? Exactly how are you being prevented to boot into recovery? Try booting into download mode and press down and immediately hold the vol up+home+power buttons and see if that gets you in.

EDIT: There is only one custom kernel for your g920p. I highly recommend to read the OP and understand it's futures and how to alter it's parameters
http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/development/kernel-skyhigh-mm-6-0-1-kernel-t3350673

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones