• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] Flashable Odin tar

In about an hour of play time on SW I rack up a whopping 5MB of data so I don't think I'm hurting anyone else's data speeds ^_^

And my SC2 works perfectly fine... played a game online and updated my Client!

Lol, don't kill the messenger, I was just showing what I read. Metro pays for a limited amount of data services. Spectrum isn't huge.

They basically say letting us tether for free is too costly.

Reactions: Havocx23
Upvote 0
I understand what your saying chiwen, but as i said b4. i dont have a choice. trust me!! if i lived in an area that offered regular net i wouldnt even touch my phone as far as tether/hotspot goes. its not like i want to abuse metro or my ToS. But sorry metro..

My games > Metro =-(

and thank you Havocx23 for taking the time to try for me! i got another question for u though b4 i buy full version of pdanet. Hmmm how to word this... lol
Has metro or w.e service providing ur using has ever blocked ur tether b4 and this is just a way around it? or have u never been blocked and this is just an easy way to hide it? Since ive been blocked im not sure if that will still work for me.

Upvote 0
I understand what your saying chiwen, but as i said b4. i dont have a choice. trust me!! if i lived in an area that offered regular net i wouldnt even touch my phone as far as tether/hotspot goes. its not like i want to abuse metro or my ToS. But sorry metro..

My games > Metro =-(

and thank you Havocx23 for taking the time to try for me! i got another question for u though b4 i buy full version of pdanet. Hmmm how to word this... lol
Has metro or w.e service providing ur using has ever blocked ur tether b4 and this is just a way around it? or have u never been blocked and this is just an easy way to hide it? Since ive been blocked im not sure if that will still work for me.

No I was not blocked before I had full access and now I can't use my wifi tether without a user agent switcher. Also, I tested SC2 with the hide usage option off and it didn't work. And the only sites I can visit are Facebook and YouTube...

I've tried all kinds of wifi tethering apps but I haven't found one that can hide usage like PdaNet

Upvote 0
Sweet. so u were blocked and the full version of pdanet let u access bnet servers?! thank you so much for this! soon as i get home tonight ima be trying it out =) thank you again for ur time and help Havocx23. sorry took a couple days to get back to ya. was out of town last 2 days =) but ty again!

Haha No problem! I know what its like to need your games. Hopefully it works for you as well, everyone could have different results theoretically.

Don't forget to hit that Thanks button! :p

Reactions: calleth2k51
Upvote 0
Any tips about taking it back into Metro for replacement? They just bought this phone today.

If it was just bought they simply need to take it back up to metro. Repartitioning removes everything from from the phone, making it unusable, but also making it so that metro can't tell anyone had been tinkering with it.

There won't be any problems from metro if its taken back. They will replace it without question.

Reactions: genovdot
Upvote 0
do you think that the root would work for the samsung Conquer 4g 2.3.6?

I wouldnt try it, you will probably end up with a paper weight. But if your just wanting to root it looks like SuperOneClick works with that phone.

http://androidforums.com/conquer-4g-all-things-root/471766-root-guide-samsung-conquer-4g.html

But dont think there is a recovery or rom for that phone yet.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Tokenpoke
Upvote 0
ho hum, this could use a bump eh?

files are uploading now for the new update

well as soon as killakev147 uploads the stock factoryfs.rfs :p

4VSw0.png

Reactions: Woxx17 and Havocx23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones