• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help

In Settings - About Device, does it show a model number and Android version?
Not finding much on a Tab 6.

Attachments

• IMG_20160629_052033611_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20160629_052033611_TOP.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0
Rooting a device is sometimes model specific.
There are one click apps and pc software to root most devices but not often recommended if other methods available.

What is your main goal in trying to root the device?
Delete bloat or custom ROM?
I wish I can give you a specific answer, the only reason why I want to root it coz I've heard it will make your android faster. Because, my tablet is currently a tortoise.

Upvote 0
My old Galaxy Tab 10.1, Android 4.0.1 is slow as watching paint dry. Only one custom ROM available for it also, CM 10.1
Rooting really didn't do anything for me. When it starts running slower than usual, I'll just factory reset.
Picked up a Nexus 9 that I really like and hardly use the galaxy tab .
I see, the tablet is from my brother. He said it got virus, that's why it's always getting stuck.

Upvote 0
Screen shot was of my 10.1 to show where model number should be located. Not sure if OP has a Tab A or S , can't find anything on a Tab 6. Got me scratching my head.
List of all Galaxy Tabs.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_series

Oh dang--@Jfalls63--I did think that was from the OP :eek:.

Yeah, I didn't see/find anything about a Tab 6, either...

Lemme put you guys back to the generic rooting area...sorry for the brief confusion :).

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Thing are not sounding right to be a real Samsung Tablet. There are a few apps that you can get from the Play Store that may give more information. Sammobile Device info is one that I have used before.
The one automated root program that I have used that doesn't install needless stuff on your device is Wondershare Mobilego
http://mobilego.wondershare.com
This is a pc program that has a free trial period. It has a root tool that can root most devices.
You will need to be able to connect to PC with USB debugging enabled and device booted normally.
You do at your on risk. Not being able to find anything about your device means that if anything happens, you are not going to be able to return to stock and might end up with a nice paper weight.
There are more automated rooting tools available, Kingroot, Kingoroot, Root Genius .
Good luck and hope it works for you.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Thing are not sounding right to be a real Samsung Tablet. There are a few apps that you can get from the Play Store that may give more information. Sammobile Device info is one that I have used before.
The one automated root program that I have used that doesn't install needless stuff on your device is Wondershare Mobilego
http://mobilego.wondershare.com
This is a pc program that has a free trial period. It has a root tool that can root most devices.
You will need to be able to connect to PC with USB debugging enabled and device booted normally.
You do at your on risk. Not being able to find anything about your device means that if anything happens, you are not going to be able to return to stock and might end up with a nice paper weight.
There are more automated rooting tools available, Kingroot, Kingoroot, Root Genius .
Good luck and hope it works for you.
Hey thanks for your effort. :) I did a factory reset, but now I am stuck at the logo of android(color: silver) is that normal?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones