• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

farmer89

Lurker
Apr 1, 2013
HELP! I'm a newbie when it comes to phone tech. I recently rooted my Galaxy S2 i727. I would like some simple tips on processor settings, battery performance enhancements, and whether I should flash a new kernel. I have tried a few different things for battery including calibration but it still runs dead at around 3200mva. I'm not interested in major changes just a few simple tweaks to improve daily use. Here is thanks from a newbie!

Hi farmer :hello: Welcome to the forums.

I moved your thread to the All Things Root forum for you. :)

I don't have the Skyrocket but I would recommend looking through the All Things Root Guide for some tips. Unless your Galaxy S2 is a lot different than mine, your cpu settings can't be changed on your stock kernel. You would need a custom kernel to do that. If its a good kernel, they can also help with battery life.

Another thing you can do, get Titanium Backup from the Play Store. If you can afford it, the Pro version is well worth the money. You can use Titanium to freeze or delete a lot of the bloat on your phone and help it run faster and smoother. Here is a list of a lot of the apps for your phone.

Lastly, if you haven't done it yet, make sure you do a nandroid backup in recovery right away. It can save you a lot of headaches in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones