• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root issues

having problems running the update on my phone i used this link to root my phone.([Guide] one-click root for Droid 3 (and others) [UPDATED 9/8/2011] - xda-developers) and when my phone promted to update . i unrooted ran update and it keeps failing. i have even ran a full system swype and nothing. any one else having problems?

A lot of people are having this problem. The update checks the integrity of your filesystem and may fail if you have removed or frozen critical system files. As it turns out, Pete's bloat remover/replacer doesn't seem to fix things enough for the update to install.

You may have to flash the entire system (SBF)... there is a version that already has the update installed. You can run the first 10 steps in the first post here to accomplish this. Hope this helps. Neall

[ROM] Steel Droid 3: 1.0 Gingerbread - 5.6.890 - DEODEXED - 9-26-2011 - xda-developers

Reactions: chexx05
Upvote 0
A lot of people are having this problem. The update checks the integrity of your filesystem and may fail if you have removed or frozen critical system files. As it turns out, Pete's bloat remover/replacer doesn't seem to fix things enough for the update to install.

You may have to flash the entire system (SBF)... there is a version that already has the update installed. You can run the first 10 steps in the first post here to accomplish this. Hope this helps. Neall

[ROM] Steel Droid 3: 1.0 Gingerbread - 5.6.890 - DEODEXED - 9-26-2011 - xda-developers

thanks alot man. followed the steps very easy. not phone has current software and rerooted . thanks again!!1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones