• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] One-click root for LG Connect 4G :: 3/3/2012

This is my first post on any forum, im new to rooting. I made a profile just to say that big thumbs up to all involved on this phone. I simply followed all directions to a tee and im am now tethered and using it to post this message. I couldnt have been any easier. I am an www.AndroidForums.com follower for life. Two BIG thumbs up to all the senior forum members and all involved in making things happen on this great forum. Its so easy a cave man can do it. Any persons having issues following these simlple guides, i will pray for you.
Thanks for your support!

Reactions: CmptrCapone
Upvote 0
I have to ask how you managed to run out of space. I have everything I want on mine with nothing even moved to the card and still have over half my memory. Are you using a lot of really large games or something? You can use Titanium to force apps to the card that normally do not allow it. That helped me out a lot back on my Optimus.

I use a lot of medical and legal apps, as well as books, client (medical and legal) files, etc. If I so much as get too many MMS, SMS, I have to remove something or it will decline any further incoming messages due to low space. That the answer you were seeking?

Upvote 0
I use a lot of medical and legal apps, as well as books, client (medical and legal) files, etc. If I so much as get too many MMS, SMS, I have to remove something or it will decline any further incoming messages due to low space. That the answer you were seeking?

Are you running out of space on the sd card or in memory? Most of the stuff you list should be able to be put on the card, so it shouldn't be a memory issue. This phone has tons of room for apps. If you have some huge ones that do not offer moving to the card, have you looked into the option of using Titanium to try to force them there?

Upvote 0
Okay, I've asked nicely for a list of apps that are safe to remove. Since then, I have been badgered with questions, comments and PM's as if I was stupid.
Really? I'm asking what apps are safe to remove, not whether or not I'm so stupid I don't know the difference between space on an SD card vs space on the actual phone, or using other apps like Titanium to save space. Why do I have to defend a request for what apps are safe to remove? Really? I mean I may be old, but I am a full time, practicing medical law attorney, so please give a little credit.

Please...someone, anyone, I am only asking for a list of safe to remove apps, without the critiques, criticisms, questions or comments or recommendations. If I had wanted any of that, I would have asked.

Thank you

http://androidforums.com/connect-4g...ps-remove-bloatware-record-keeping-fixes.html
http://androidforums.com/connect-4g-all-things-root/512340-what-bloatware-remove.html
http://androidforums.com/connect-4g-all-things-root/517763-tool-lg-connect-4g-bloatware-remover.html

perhaps then you could have looked in these places? regardless of all that, your posts were all with a plea of help of " omg i haz no spaces!!11!!" so people took it upon themselves to try and help alleviate that issue, clearly they shouldnt have.

as stated removing EVERY single app that comes installed on your phone will only make your phone work less, it wont give you more app space. you can however free up space in /data by moving apps that youve downloaded to /system (by using titanium backup ;) ) seeing as there is about 400MB's free in the system partition you can prolly move to your hearts content, however just as fair warning not all apps will work in there.

Upvote 0
Folks (that's all of you), please try to be more civil. Shabby is quite correct - you should always read the forum you're in and search before asking questions, because chances are you're not the first. I'd post XDA's "hello there noob" intro video, but I think AF staff would hate me for it. ;)

Users, please respect each other, and us devs. We (more knowledgeable users and devs alike) spend a lot of time trying to help you out for free. Hostility only discourages that. Be patient with us, and do your part by reading and searching first, and we'll be able to happily do the same for you.

There's no magic here, only understanding - and we (devs) didn't get here by blind luck. We stand on the shoulders of giants. If you do the same, life here in the Android world will be that much better.

oXn0c.jpg

Upvote 0
Damn konane... that was one hell of a speech lol. Well said though +1! Respect is what we need to give to our devs. Were lucky they are giving their time to help us. They don't need to do this you know. I respect you konane and the rest of the android community. You are what made it possible. Thanks to you all!!!! :*
Thanks for your support.

That was far from an epic speech, though. ;)

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me if this is a Full root? I used this one-click root on my connect ( only my 5 th time rooting) It worked easy..Thank you. But i cannot get wifi tethering to work..I've tried open garden wifi tethering ( off the market). It does not work. Is there another one that does work with this root?
Also... Is there a way to get recovery so i can do a backup before i remove any apps?

I installed Rom toolbox. It says i need the pro version to do a back up.( which is fine, if that will work on this connect, i will buy the pro version)

My battery also drains really Fast.....Juice defender don't help it much..Any Suggestions??? THANK YOU GUYS FOR THIS ROOT ALSO

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me if this is a Full root? I used this one-click root on my connect ( only my 5 th time rooting) It worked easy..Thank you. But i cannot get wifi tethering to work..I've tried open garden wifi tethering ( off the market). It does not work. Is there another one that does work with this root?
Also... Is there a way to get recovery so i can do a backup before i remove any apps?

I installed Rom toolbox. It says i need the pro version to do a back up.( which is fine, if that will work on this connect, i will buy the pro version)

My battery also drains really Fast.....Juice defender don't help it much..Any Suggestions??? THANK YOU GUYS FOR THIS ROOT ALSO

Can try this for tether
http://db.tt/GJg9jZNX
WiFi Tether apk
Sorry can't help ya with the other questions(have not bought the phone yet:thumbdown:;)

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Reactions: Kellys0530
Upvote 0
Wow. Obviously, my first request regarding which apps were safe to remove, which by the way was posted the very first day I got the phone (sooner than most people) , was posted BEFORE that in which you posted.

Actually, now that I look at it, I DID in fact go there and read every single page regarding this phone, it tells me TWO apps NOT to remove.

Upvote 0
removing any amount of bloat WILL NOT FREE UP SPACE FOR YOU TO USE ON PERSONAL FILES.

M'F'ing THIS.

Enough, everyone. Full answers have been posted for everything. This bickering will end now or we'll have to get the mods involved. You don't want that, do you? They like to hand out time-outs for petulant users, whoever they are.

Take a deep breath, be calm, and everyone drop it.

Upvote 0
The bottom line is everyone here has a lot to offer this great community. Whether it is advice on how to root, what apps to remove, deals on accessories for our devices, ect.
We are a community on this great site. No one ever is trying to offend anyone. Just offering suggestions to help you solve an issue or better your device.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
Check your heat levels. Short battery life and overheating are oft related.

I installed cool tool today to check heat level.It's running between 103-116 F. It get's really hot when charging. I have deleted 16 bloat apps and froze 14(Ti Back up Pro) . I'am useing gingerbread keyboard from market.I froze the Lg one. I also installed An TuTu Cpu.and have it set at 384-864 like the post below me say's.Juice defender installed too..Still no battery life:confused :thinking:

Upvote 0
I underclocked mine to 384-864 using antutu cpu master free v2.5. It was pretty hot after rooting it. Now, I can use it all day long (unless i use GPS and google maps, this is draining down the battery big time!) I still need to remove all bloatwares...maybe it can last even longer after?
:rolleyes:

Thank you for this info,I installed it. I c no difference yet.I did remove bloat..Maybe a defective battery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones