• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root, phone recognized as ADB not Android 1.0. Help?

rudygetz

Lurker
May 20, 2010
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the rooting process on this phone and I'm fully aware that there's a 98% chance it's my fault.

I have downloaded all necessary files to get this done, so I think. I put my phone into bootloader, plug in usb and all that but my computer doesn't recognized it under other devices as Android 1.0 instead it comes up as ADB under Android Phone in the device manager.

Can someone explain to me what's going on? I know it's something dumb but I can't figure it out. Hope someone will help. Thanks.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the rooting process on this phone and I'm fully aware that there's a 98% chance it's my fault.

I have downloaded all necessary files to get this done, so I think. I put my phone into bootloader, plug in usb and all that but my computer doesn't recognized it under other devices as Android 1.0 instead it comes up as ADB under Android Phone in the device manager.

Can someone explain to me what's going on? I know it's something dumb but I can't figure it out. Hope someone will help. Thanks.

rudy mine did the same when I was rooting with unrevoked. I don't remember the exact steps but basically I updated the drivers the same way as the directions tell you to but I had to choose the ADB at the top of Device Manager rather than below. Sorry I can't be more detailed.

Upvote 0
Hey thanks for trying. I have no idea what I did right but I ended up running the unrevoked file from the desktop anyways, it went through the steps and apparently rooted my phone. Im now running Fresh Evo 3.3.0.1 by flipz.

So....I basically stumbled upon rooting it right, not knowing what I did right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones