• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root problems no data access, maybe restore to stock rom?

nhyrum

Lurker
Jan 27, 2013
so i got this rooted mt4g. i have cyanogenmod 9.0.
sometimes when i hit the power button to wake it up it reboots. id like to restore to the stock rom and just re root it running stock android rom. but i cant seem to figure out how to install some of the stock roms i downloaded, PD15IMG.zip roms that i have downloaded if someone can help me out what i need/can do to smooth things out, that would help. i dont really know much about root things, but can follow simple directions. i have adb software but when i open it up the prompt window pops up then goes away, so i cant figure that out either.

basically... where do i put the PD15IMG.zip rom and how do i install it? ive herd of putting it in the "root" directory on the sd card, assuming that means the "top folder" i guess id explain it, because there is no folder labeled "root" on the sd card. when i tried to move it from one location on my card to the main folder on my sd card it made it reboot and didnt allow it to be moved.

android version:4.0.4
baseband version:V10s-AUG-13-2012
kernel version:2.6.35.7-cyanogenmod+
blinky-ghost
Mod version:9.0.0-e379
build date:sat aug 11 17:00:23 PDT 2012
build number:cm_e379-userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76L ang
jenkins.20120811.170007 test-keys

so is everyone here not getting my question or too stuck up to answer me? all i want to do is re-install the factory rom that i already have downloaded to my computer. the PD15IMG.zip file. thats all i want to do.

thanks.

P.S. NO FLAMING!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones