• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root, Uninstall AT&T, Unroot, still get OTA... Easy?

I was wondering what the easiest method is to remove the AT&T bloatware, but still get right back to the stock settings on my phone? Basically, I haven't rooted or anything, I'm using all stock features except with LauncherPro instead of TouchWiz. I want to root it, remove the AT&T crap, then unroot it without leaving any trace that it was ever rooted to begin with. My main concern is being able to get 2.2 OTA when the time comes, or having to take my phone into AT&T for any reason. What would be the best method to go about accomplishing this? I keep reading about different methods and update.zips all over the forums, but can't seem to find the one that tops them all or would work for exactly what I'm trying to do and nothing else.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones