• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root your updated LG Marquee phone step by step.

Here's an easier way to root the phone.

Framaroot Roots Marquee!!! - Android Forums

You can use ROM Manager to install CWM.

I found out what I was doing wrong was I was searching google for billions of hours here and thought to myself dua
instead of looking for all of the answers all at once just narrow my search down by first setting the advanced search in google to only look within the last month rather than since the topic began on the lg 855 and then bam there it was i saw 1234west talking about this topic that you mentioned and there i have it up and running now works great. you guys are awesome keep up the great work.
as for all of your hard work will pay off more than money its self when you get your recognition for all of the hard work you guys put into this and then your looking at 6 figures on your pay check you can say damn look what I have done for myself here. trust me it does have its rewards even when you think no one appreciates it they do.......

Upvote 0
I found out what I was doing wrong was I was searching google for billions of hours here and thought to myself dua
instead of looking for all of the answers all at once just narrow my search down by first setting the advanced search in google to only look within the last month rather than since the topic began on the lg 855 and then bam there it was i saw 1234west talking about this topic that you mentioned and there i have it up and running now works great. you guys are awesome keep up the great work.
as for all of your hard work will pay off more than money its self when you get your recognition for all of the hard work you guys put into this and then your looking at 6 figures on your pay check you can say damn look what I have done for myself here. trust me it does have its rewards even when you think no one appreciates it they do.......

LOL, glad you got it rooted. :D

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
LOL, glad you got it rooted. :D

lmao me 2 i didn't get any sleep lastnight cause all i was doing is playing with my new phone with a great rom and mods.
only one thing i noticed though with bloodawns new rom not saying anything is wrong with it. it works like a charm........:D:D

i can't play movies on it like i use which is no big deal i think it may be cause of the type of browser doesnt support adobe not sure if this is correct but im sure i will find out how to play movies again.

Upvote 0
What! Wetbiker7 is telling us to us a rom manager?????

:)

LMAO!! Yep. Use that Booger to install CWM then DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT! :p:p:D:D
raje5aba.jpg

On a more serious note. Myself and another user tried reformatting the sd card witth the phone while ROM manager was installed. We both ended up with fried motherboards. If you do use ROM Manager, do not, I MEAN DO NOT try to reformat your sd card with the phone. Use your computer. ;)

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
Every damn time I try a rom manager I have issues. Just tried to update to new CTMOD (3.8) with the onboard update (gooim), guess what.... issues!

Recovery is your friend. Speaking of which I am going to put the puppy back to factory... of we go a searching. If anyone is hanging out with some good links I would appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Every damn time I try a rom manager I have issues. Just tried to update to new CTMOD (3.8) with the onboard update (gooim), guess what.... issues!

Recovery is your friend. Speaking of which I am going to put the puppy back to factory... of we go a searching. If anyone is hanging out with some good links I would appreciate it.

That's the reason I say use it to install the CWM recovery and then ditch it.

Here are the rooted stock ROMs.

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...-zvc-zv4-basebands-cwm-5-0-2-8-6-0-1-2-a.html

Upvote 0
I am stuck on step 8. It doesn't seem to be letting me run the program as an administrator. This is my first root and I'm totally clueless.

Make sure you have run the Windows Enabler (Step 6) as Administrator (Right click on the program icon choose Run as Administrator and left click). Before you run the KDZ Updater. Also make sure you have installed JDK (Java Development Kit) and not just JRE (Java Runtime Environment). Plus make sure Also make sure you have the proper JDK x86 for 32 Bit and x64 for 64 BIt. I am assuming you have Windows 7 or later.

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
Hi,
I am very new and a little over taken by the idea of doing this, but before I do I'm downloading all the files needed.

The very last file the "Boost users >>>ZV4-Rooted-Boost.zip" when clicked says the file has been pulled or deleted... its the last piece I need before I try this.

I hope I understand that this should help my phone start faster, work better, and possible get a little more use from the battery with the extra software loading and running... thank you for any help, and if you have any ideas to help me, I'm listening...

direct email: ianpcowan@gmail.com

Upvote 0
The very last file the "Boost users >>>ZV4-Rooted-Boost.zip" when clicked says the file has been pulled or deleted... its the last piece I need before I try this.

Smart guy downloading the files before starting. Me, on the other hand, did it step by step and couldn't find that file either. So I installed Marquee_ZV4_Baseband.zip and later LS855_signed_032112_154709.zip. Both of those files are for Sprint, not Boost.

I'm new at this too so don't ask me any tough questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones