• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooted my droid razr maxx then it crashed

jergath16

Lurker
Mar 25, 2013
i just rooted my Droid Razr MAXX and got something that it suggested i download to help with the graphics card and once it downloaded i tried to reboot my phone... but it crashed and wont turn on... i tried doing a soft reset but all it does is show the usual motorola symbol then go black... any help i can get is greatly appreciated!! thanks!

What? Not really sure what you downloaded, can't say I've heard of that. Regardless, since you can't get into your system, looks like it's time for a fastboot. What android version were you on? 4.1.1, correct?

If so, you'll just need this page to get you sorted. Fastbooting will however delete your contacts, downloaded apps, settings, etc. It basically sets it to factory stock.

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 -- For Verizon XT926 Models [Windows] - Droid Razr HD - RootzWiki

If you were on 4.1.2, then do NOT use that. Post back and let me know if it was 4.1.2, and I'll show you the appropriate steps, since it's a bit more involved. If you were indeed on 4.1.1, that's the only link you'll need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones