• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted my V, can't find market or any apps??

TheRealKTFO

Aug 18, 2011
is everything!
Here's the deal..Rooted my V tonight and installed the GREEN THEME and Backside ROM

Everything went smooth as silk..Phone boots to the green monster,etc, etc.

My problem(s):

1. I can't find the "Market" at all. I even tried going to the market website to re-download it, and it says it's already installed and won't let me do anything else. How do I find, restore, or delete/re-download the market?

2. Same problem as above is true with all my other apps as well. Website says they are already installed?

I rooted the phone using the easy rooting method to install GingerBreak if that matters.

I made a back-up of the original ROM using Clockworkmod Recovery.

What in the world am I missing here? Seems like everyone else has their Market App :(

Here's the deal..Rooted my V tonight and installed the GREEN THEME and Backside ROM

Everything went smooth as silk..Phone boots to the green monster,etc, etc.

My problem(s):

1. I can't find the "Market" at all. I even tried going to the market website to re-download it, and it says it's already installed and won't let me do anything else. How do I find, restore, or delete/re-download the market?

2. Same problem as above is true with all my other apps as well. Website says they are already installed?

I rooted the phone using the easy rooting method to install GingerBreak if that matters.

I made a back-up of the original ROM using Clockworkmod Recovery.

What in the world am I missing here? Seems like everyone else has their Market App :(
Did you try flashing Gapps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones