• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted my X. How do I remove bloatware?

Either use Titanium Backup or you can also use Root Explorer. If you don't know what you're doing, Titanium Backup is the way to go. It has a much nicer UI that shows you a list of your apps and you can pick which ones to uninstall.
If you use Root Explorer, it's just like using a file manager app, except it lets you see inside the phone's memory, not just the SD card. Apps are located in /system/app if you use it.

I recommend checking out this thread so you don't brick your phone, some already have done so.
http://androidforums.com/all-things...t-apps-apks-removable-non-removable-root.html

Upvote 0
Wow I wish I could figure out how to do the whole ADB deal so I can root. Stupid computer!

I also had a problem using the ADB commands. Tried to use the ADB usb drivers from AllDroid.org and could not use them. Had to remove the existing Motorola ADB drivers and go to Motorola's website and download and install the 64 bit usb drivers (I am running Windows 7 64bit). After that I was able to see my device in the terminal window and root. The only advantage to using the PC is that you can copy and paste the commands to the terminal window (right click to paste). I made too many errors trying to to type them in and it took a while for me to root because I didn't know what I was doing wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones