Rooted - Now weird data behavior...

Last Updated:

1. dgiaffe

dgiaffe Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I followed the complete idiot-proof really nice procedure made on XDA forum [GUIDE] Root your X10 R2BA024 ! { Update 26.07.2010 R2BA024 Root with 2/3-Steps } - xda-developers. Even idiot-proof, I sill had to do it twice because I read too quick LOL. Anyways, everything is now working really nice and I love not having those crappy things on my phone anymore. However, I am having a weird issue.

Whenever I try to sync my data (say Google Contacts, Agenda, Gmail, Facebook, weather from geolocation etc..) or when I try to access the Android Market from my data connection (not wi-fi), it shows an error that it can't connect, like if I have no network connection. However! if I start an Internet browser like Dolphin, I can go on the Internet! Really weird... I did see a setting in wireless controls - Mobile networks - Auto Internet settings and I set it to Rogers, which is my supplier. However, if I go back in the choice prompt, the radio button stays to fido... is it normal? MMS & Data is also checkmarked. I don't know what is wrong... Any ideas?

Note that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections are working fine. The procedure brought me from build #R2BA020 to #R2BA024, wondering if that could be the isssue? Any way I could fix this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

Did you read the first few pages of that thread, post 4 - link 3 in particular. ;)

3. dgiaffe

Yea I did, but I was not sure on how to interprete it. Was I supposed to use that link instead of the one in the first post? If so, should I try and repair it with PC Companion? Thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated!

4. X10iUser

It does need to be cleared up and should actually be in the first post imo. The steps are pretty much similar so would just download and run it as you did the first time.

5. dgiaffe

K thanks man, will give it a try and keep you posted! :)

6. X10iUser

I've just mailed Bin4ry and asked him to clear up the OP. If you've already done it once it should go ok.

7. dgiaffe

Ok great. However, I did try to reflash with the rom of R2BA026 but I still have the same problem. I can only surf the web, not synchronize anything in OTA mode (WiFi works all the way). I think it is something to do with the Auto Internet settings... am i wrong?

8. dgiaffe

9. X10iUser

Nice 1!

10. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

11. dgiaffe

Hi, thanks! I am thinking this will help some people here in Canada. Maybe you can also delete this thread since I created it to add the info in the sticky. Not sure if I could do that myself (sorry pretty new :))..

Edit : sorry, I just saw it's already in the sticky. Wow you guys are fast! Please disregard my delete request :)