• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted or Not? you be the judge

New2G2

Jun 11, 2011
I attempted (or so I think) to root my phone with this method:

http://www.teamandroid.com/2014/04/11/root-tmobile-galaxy-s5-g900t-android-firmware-cf-auto-root/

It appears rooted and I apparently tripped the knox flag (which I didn't know was an issue) until I had done it.

My main reason for rooting was to be able to COMPLETELY back up the phone as I have been able to do with other rooted devices.

I can't tell if I am rooted or not. Some apps that require root access work like Titanium Backup but others don't. I can't get write access with Root Explorer.

Am In some type of limbo? I would like a fully functional rooted phone. I have the T mobile version.

Product Name: SM-G900T
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 0x1 (4)

I've done hours of research but I can't find anything that seems to answer my questions. I thought maybe towelroot would work but that didn't' seem to do anything at all.

It seems like I may not really have a rooted phone and I've just basically voided knox for no reason. I don't work at company that needs/requires it.

Any insight would be great. I can't imagine I am the only person with these questions issues. It almost seems like something is just not set right to give me full access. Hoping it's a five minute fix.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones