• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting but Staying Stock - Rezound

I've been relatively happy for over a year and a half on my stock unrooted rezound. I haven't flashed a new ROM because I don't like the bugs with the JB builds. My question, however, is about the stability of the rezound after rooting if I keep it stock. I've known people who've had problems with their Nexus phones after rooting even when they haven't flashed new ROMs. But I don't know anyone else with a rezound, so I want to know if there's those kinds of problems after rooting. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see you have a question about your device . To tell you the truth you should keep this backup . A problem with the data connection happens . You have the backup . Yes you are in lucky mode . Plus this backup is so if you have to turn your device in the phone carrier . Since you have the backup and was rooted. Once you flash the backup and unroot . Your phone is now safe for trade or warranty repairs . SO MAKE A BACKUP and keep

Upvote 0
I've been relatively happy for over a year and a half on my stock unrooted rezound. I haven't flashed a new ROM because I don't like the bugs with the JB builds. My question, however, is about the stability of the rezound after rooting if I keep it stock. I've known people who've had problems with their Nexus phones after rooting even when they haven't flashed new ROMs. But I don't know anyone else with a rezound, so I want to know if there's those kinds of problems after rooting. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Root access does not cause any prollems on any device. It's what you do with it that could cause issue ;)

If you just want root access to run a couple root requiring apps, and make no other mods,you'll be fine. If you try and modify/delete other system files and apps it could be a different story :eek:

What are you hoping to accomplish by rooting? Knowing your needs could help us answer a bit more accurately.

Upvote 0
I mostly want to use apps that require root access. I'm aiming mostly for wireless tether and Titanium Backup. Would I run much of a risk if I use TB to delete some of the bloatware?

depends on your defination of "risk". deletaing system apps(aka bloatware) can cause OTA failures.

if you simply freeze the bloat so you can thaw it later,there is not much risk in that. if you wish to actually delete the bloat,it can be more complicated if you dont have a stock backup to restore.

for the most part,as long as you make a backup of your stock,unmodified rom to restore,theres not much you can do that would hurt anything.

Reactions: lostinthought
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones