• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting problems

ianramsden87

Apr 12, 2010
UK
I've been trying to get my phone stable for the past month without much success.

My major problem is rooting/market.

Rooting using unrevoked tends to make my phone vibrate 8 times and then reboot into the standard ROM with no super user access given.

putting the stock o2 rom from shipped ROMS seems to be the only stable ROM that I can use but even that seems to crash when using the market to download updates to facebook/google maps .......

I get random reboots when using any web browser when I'm going to sites with flash content ie MMO-Champion - Index (yes I am a wow geek).

flashing the .exe ROMS works 50/50, when they do fail it complains about a file missing/corrupt. If I take the battery out and chuck it my draw for 30 mins then it flashes fine with the same .exe

I tried the latest WWE build which rebooted randomly just going into the market, had to run the debrand to get the bootloader back to 0.83 so I could flash the O2 froyo exe back onto it.

I love my phone but this is getting a bit of a joke now.

I could send the phone back to o2 but i'm not really sure what they can do as it's all down to when I either what to put a different ROM or run the stock WWE rom.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones