• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting tool, a 'one click' program!

Open ROMmanager, it will likely tell you it needs clockworkmod recovery, which you already have, but allow it to install it anyways. I did this thru selecting 'FlashClockworkMod Recovery'. Now select 'PartitionSDCard'> Ext Size> 512mb>Swap>0 and let it do its thing... it will reboot, but may take a couple of minutes

Everything worked fine for me up to this point. "FlashClockWorkMod Recovery" asked me to confirm the phone model, then I got the circling dots indicating a sync, then a message saying it had failed. Tried a few times with no joy.

Then tried exactly the same thing this morning and it worked! Bizarre.

Upvote 0
hiya,

i'm really contemplating rooting my phone this way, but because i'm not technologically adept i'm really scared...

SO

i just wanted to ask a few things...

1. should i be able to do it as a total novice?

2. can i do this on a orange branded handset?

3. is there a chance of 'bricking' my handset? :S

4. How long should it take?

5. will i need a 'goldcard' (dont really know what it is) an if so do i need a seperate card from my normal one i use?

any help would be great :)

cheers

Upvote 0
1. Depends, as long as you can follow instructions and understand how a PC works I can see no issues.

2. Yes

3. Yes, but small as with any firmware update for any hardware, but you can often unbrick them.

4. Not long to actually complete the root a few minutes, but then loading a new ROM and playing about with it about 30-60 mins.

5. No and No.

Reactions: adam_hilluk
Upvote 0
Hi, could anyone tell me if this method would work on my desire? Im considering rooting cos my phone has run out of space for any more apps. But I suspect my Hboot version is too high (0.93.0001). If so, is there another way for me to root my phone safely?

Also could anyone tell me if the appropriate "radio firmware" is dependent on the phone itself or on the service provider? Im worried that if its the latter, i may screw up my phone because im in Singapore and im not sure if the radio software is the same over here.

Heres my phone's details:
Android 2.2
HBOOT - 0.93.0001
Radio - 5.09.05.30_2
Base - 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2
Software - 2.13.707.1
Kernel - 2.6.32.15-gd96f2c0

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help!

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I have not fully read and re-read the intructions yet but have read ever post in this thread and seen that even the computer novices or most frightened have got through it without ending up the creek.
Hoping this with be a quite straight forward.
Just wanted to get a few thing straight though.

I am in the UK and on the 3 network.
Android 2.2 Froyo.
Software 2.10.405.2
Windows XP Home sp3 (with slightly more than novice experience but not much).
Htc Desire (with some experience of ADB, not that it will help here)
Not downloaded or installed anything I am going to need.

Could this be a breeze or is there anything I have not considered yet?

EDIT
not trying this tonight. But definately this week.

Upvote 0
Having a nightmare with this guide, im not even sure its possible with the version im running?

hboot-0.92.0001
radio-5.09.00.20
android version 2.2
baseband version 32.43.00.32u_5.09.00.20
build number 2.09.405.8 cl218634 release keys
software number 2.09.405.8

Is this guide possible with the software version im running? lol a simple yes or no would be greatly appreciated, i dont really understand where exactly the guide actually roots the phone, seems like its basically explaining how to install roms? all i want to do is root just for a2sd and screen shots. Cheers for any help.

LOL NVM, FIGURED IT OUT!

Upvote 0
I'm now thinking I may have the OTA update for 2.2 but unsure of how to check that.
And if that is case then I beleive this method wouldnt work for me,is that right?

Going to follow this thread just to be sure
[GUIDE] One Click How to Root the GSM & CDMA Desire with Unrevoked 3.21 - xda-developers

Couple of things before I go there (and probably pull out some more hair lol).
I have installed Astro and backed-up to external sd and used SMSbackupRestore.
That is all the back-up I can do before rooting, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones