• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROOTwith GWK74

I haven't tried rooting the GWK74 yet. My phone's been rooted for a while, but last night I returned it to stock so I could update and check out Google Wallet. Hopefully we can reroot it soon.

EDIT: By the way, Wireless tethering still works the exact same as it used to... Why does everyone keep saying it's broken?

Upvote 0
I haven't tried rooting the GWK74 yet. My phone's been rooted for a while, but last night I returned it to stock so I could update and check out Google Wallet. Hopefully we can reroot it soon.

EDIT: By the way, Wireless tethering still works the exact same as it used to... Why does everyone keep saying it's broken?
Good news you can reroot with GWK74. I did. I was rooted before and lost ROOT when when I upgraded but just reran the oneclick root and got ROOT back. Yes wireless tethering works just the same after you reroot your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones