• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rotate home screen with 2.2?

I use the Samsung multimedia desk charger for the Captivate. After the Froyo update, when I plug the phone into the chager, the Desk Home app comes up, naturally. If I exit the Desk Home app while still connected to the charger, the home screen will be landscaped. However, when removing the phone from the charger, all is as Crimson mentioned, no landscape.

Upvote 0
I use the Samsung multimedia desk charger for the Captivate. After the Froyo update, when I plug the phone into the chager, the Desk Home app comes up, naturally. If I exit the Desk Home app while still connected to the charger, the home screen will be landscaped. However, when removing the phone from the charger, all is as Crimson mentioned, no landscape.

Glad I ran across this message. After Froyo Update, my phone rotates to landscape mode in the Desk charger.... then never rotates back - ever. Some kind of bug. But glad to see it does work for someone. May be time for a hard reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones