• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ruby 1.1.1 is out!

I've previously been using CyanogenMod on my dinc but just recently I switched over to using ruby 1.1.1. I've noticed that on ruby, there are no phone or contact preferences. Anyone else notice this? Is that a cyanogenmod thing only? Is there any way for me to port the phone/contacts from cyanogenmod over to ruby?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've previously been using CyanogenMod on my dinc but just recently I switched over to using ruby 1.1.1. I've noticed that on ruby, there are no phone or contact preferences. Anyone else notice this? Is that a cyanogenmod thing only? Is there any way for me to port the phone/contacts from cyanogenmod over to ruby?

Thanks!

They are there on Shadow. Pretty sure this is an add on that I remember developers throwin on ROMS for the moto droid when I had it. Cannot remember who put it together but it is an add on and I believe Cyanogen has this in his ROMS. Not sure if Ruby is supposed to have it or not.

Upvote 0
Any KErnals work with this ROM ?

Tried KK #2 and it got stuck on the lock screen

I don't know how many times this has been said, but if you use a kernel made for a Sense/Senseless ROM (SkyRaider, Virtuous, JagerROM, FrankenRom) on an AOSP ROM (CyanogenMod, Ruby, IncDoes) the touch screen will not work. It is otherwise functional, but no touch screen. Don't even bother, it's inherent.

Reactions: ChiTownJim
Upvote 0
I don't know how many times this has been said, but if you use a kernel made for a Sense/Senseless ROM (SkyRaider, Virtuous, JagerROM, FrankenRom) on an AOSP ROM (CyanogenMod, Ruby, IncDoes) the touch screen will not work. It is otherwise functional, but no touch screen. Don't even bother, it's inherent.

Does this also apply if someone tries to use a AOSP kernel on a Sense/Senseless ROM?

Upvote 0

Thanks for digging up a question from a month ago ha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones