• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rumored release date - ??

hero with the sense UI... looking GOOOOD

Q with qwerty/800MHz/amoled screen/5.5hrs talk-time (but w/ "plain vanilla" google UI - and who knows what kind of long-term support samsung will provide??)

dammit! i've already put $50 down at BB and i've got an appt for 10:00 friday (RZ early release)

know what would help?? i want to know what the odds are of "eventually" getting sense on the Q

??

Have you seen what can be done with the "plain vanilla" android when you use something to change the homescreens?

Some of those look flat out fanfreakingtastic. I'll try and drum up some of my favorite screenies.

Upvote 0
you SERIOUSLY doubt hacked ROMs won't show up on TPB?
??
seiously??

I dont doubt they will be out there, but they will be underground. Not out in the open like things are now. I can see HTC doing everything they can to shut down the responsible party. Thats all I meant.

Us seedy types will always be able to find what we really want.

Upvote 0
  • aHome: Dock bar. Multilple UI settings. Up to 10 desktops.
  • dxTop: 4 desktop areas. Enhanced navigation
  • Open Home: 7 desktop ares.
Those are 3 different replacement homescreen apps. Just to give you an idea of how many homescreens you can have.

Not sure about the quality of aHome, or dxTop though.

when i first started looking at android i didnt know the point of those were the diff home screen i thought it was differnce like in the text and colors and stuff like themes i guess you would say

Upvote 0
which one are you gonna use if any?
I actually liked several of them. These are some of my favs.

prodigalsun1.png

moondust.png

screenshot1243490829176.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones