• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-off - Fail

Have not tried S-off yet, but I think it is going to fail. (reasoning) I downloaded and tried to manually install LBE security from XDA, when I ran " adb install xxxxx.xxx I got an error that said something about /sbin/sh - it was something else not su. But will try again and post results. Soon as I get some coffee.

Here is what I got last night trying to install LBE security obviously it had a different filename -- but I get the same exact error whether trying to install shadow galaxy or LBE ....

C:\Android\New ADB>adb install "Shadow Galaxy.apk"
2808 KB/s (589477 bytes in 0.205s)
/sbin/sh: pm: not found

/sbin is a directory but sh is not a directory ???? but it is listed inside of /sbin

what is SH? is it supposed to be a directory? ....

I have become convinced this is the problem....posted on XDA, if you would read and add to this post if I have missed import info.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2275441

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones