• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Wonder if that is going to prevent putting the phone in the charger dock with the cover on.

My _guess_ is the case will get in the way. I was looking forward to using a different style case, the flip looks great but the edges dig into one's hand.

Because I type so much with all the emails I handle daily, I prefer to hold my phone in the palm of my left hand leaving my right hand free to SWYPE away :)

Edit:
For what it's worth I'm 6'3" with large hands.

Upvote 0
My _guess_ is the case will get in the way. I was looking forward to using a different style case, the flip looks great but the edges dig into one's hand.

Because I type so much with all the emails I handle daily, I prefer to hold my phone in the palm of my left hand leaving my right hand free to SWYPE away :)

Edit:
For what it's worth I'm 6'3" with large hands.

As a note 2 user since January, I can tell you that I thought I loved the flip cover...until this Sunday. This Sunday I did an experiment to see which case I should buy for my n3. So, I went case-less. It is SO nice having this phone naked. You're right, the flip cover dug into my hand a little. I'm certainly going to give the new s view a try, but I'm loving my phone sleek. The new vertical pouch I just received it great for protecting my naked phone.

Upvote 0
I like the pouches...

But what do you do when you have an unprotected phone in your hand?

I have dropped my phone more than once and the fact that it still remains in perfect condition is because it had at least a slimline case on it.

I forgot about pouches. I've had Senna Leather Ultraslim for a few of my phones. They're very high quality, an absolutely perfect fit and reasonably priced.

When removed from the case for use, I'm mindful and careful. Never had a problem. Very thin this pouch is perfect when carrying in my pocket.

Samsung Galaxy S 4 - UltraSlim

Upvote 0
Stopped by my friendly AT&T store today. They had a Note 2 on display, with the Samsung Flip Cover. It's the first time I've seen one in person. Now I'm very glad I went in, the flip cover just isn't going to work for me.

skod.jpg

•Tuesday evening, 2013-09-24, London

Upvote 0
I like the pouches...

But what do you do when you have an unprotected phone in your hand?

I have dropped my phone more than once and the fact that it still remains in perfect condition is because it had at least a slimline case on it.

In all my years of owning cell phones, I've never dropped one out of my hand while using it.
Notice I didn't say I've never dropped a phone, it's just that the only times I ever had have been when I either rested the phone on my lap or side of my bed and forgotten that I did. Then I go to get up or turn over in bed and thud!
I'm really very OCD and and do my very best to protect my electronics.
But you are right, there will be a day, I suppose, that I'll drop my precious while holding it. Odds are, right?

Upvote 0
In all my years of owning cell phones, I've never dropped one out of my hand while using it.
Notice I didn't say I've never dropped a phone, it's just that the only times I ever had have been when I either rested the phone on my lap or side of my bed and forgotten that I did. Then I go to get up or turn over in bed and thud!
I'm really very OCD and and do my very best to protect my electronics.
But you are right, there will be a day, I suppose, that I'll drop my precious while holding it. Odds are, right?

Yes, sadly it's only a matter of time, dictated by odds. That's why they're called accidents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones