• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S Voice and Nearby devices

CiCaLiX

Feb 16, 2015
Hello everyone,

I got two questions here.Let me get to it straight.

1)Whenever I enable Nearby devices, there is a "device" called DAFUPnP that is asking to connect.I got no clue what device is this and it happens everytime I try turning this feature on.I did not approve it tho.
I am wondering what is DAFUPnP.

2)S Voice behaves weird with me over past few days.I was talking to friend and my phone was locked, until I was going to check something and when I turned screen on to unlock it, S Voice was running.How is it possible that any app can run itself while phone is locked ? I am sure I did not double click home button (that being a hotkey to S Voice)

Can S Voice be hacked and used remotely ? Hate to say it but it is just that weird...

Thanks in advance.

I believe DAFUPnP refers to a certain media-streaming capability of Windows 8:
Windows system software, starting with Windows 8, that interfaces with networked devices. For example, a Device Association Framework (DAF) for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is used to stream media across the network and is implemented as the DAFUPNP.DLL in the Windows system folder.
(via PCMag)

So... do you have a Windows 8 computer within range? If so, that's probably it.

I can't help with S Voice, I'm afraid.

Which Samsung device do you have? Let me know and I can move your thread to the right spot. :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
My device is Galaxy Note Edge.
BTW I would ask you to keep topic here, because if moved to Galaxy Note Edge section, less people will see it and I may not get the response to issue that I have. (less ppl use it so..)

How about if I leave it here for now, and maybe bump it to the Android Apps subforum (since S-Voice is an app) if you don't get any helpful responses? :)

Reactions: CiCaLiX
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones