• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S22 Ultra with Exynos has performance & display issues

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
This does not bode well for all those users in Europe who will be receiving their Exynos S22 Ultra devices from Samsung on their official launch day, today, 25th February...

The retail Galaxy S22 Ultra with Exynos has performance and display issues

"the only thing I can say is to hold off on purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for now if you live in Europe, because as it stands right now, the Exynos 2200 Galaxy S22 Ultra is completely unusable as a daily driver. It’s incredibly laggy and the battery life is terrible, too. This isn’t even the first day, it’s the second, and even “calibration” shouldn’t cause it to only have 50 minutes of SOT with 67% left."

(Source... Adam Conway, Senior editor at XDA-Developers)

I have a feeling that the new mantra for the Exynos S22 Ultra devices will be...

"Hopefully there will be an update to fix this soon"

If Samsung are able to release an update to fix these and other issues, they need to do it quickly before their returns date ends.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Current builds for the Samsung S22 Ultra Exynos and Snapdragon models are...

EXYNOS (S908B) EUROPEAN

S908BXXU1AVA7

Build date = 08 JAN 2022

Android Security patch = 01 JAN 2022

SNAPDRAGON (S908E) INTERNATIONAL

S908EXXU1AVB3

Build date = 07 FEB 2022

Android Security patch = 01 FEB 2022

Hopefully, this means a very quick release for the Exynos (S908B) model to at least bring the February Security patch to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
This does not bode well for all those users in Europe who will be receiving their Exynos S22 Ultra devices from Samsung on their official launch day, today, 25th February...

The retail Galaxy S22 Ultra with Exynos has performance and display issues

"the only thing I can say is to hold off on purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for now if you live in Europe, because as it stands right now, the Exynos 2200 Galaxy S22 Ultra is completely unusable as a daily driver. It’s incredibly laggy and the battery life is terrible, too. This isn’t even the first day, it’s the second, and even “calibration” shouldn’t cause it to only have 50 minutes of SOT with 67% left."

(Source... Adam Conway, Senior editor at XDA-Developers)

I have a feeling that the new mantra for the Exynos S22 Ultra devices will be...

"Hopefully there will be an update to fix this soon"

If Samsung are able to release an update to fix these and other issues, they need to do it quickly before their returns date ends.

I have a SnapDragon version and as of right now 67% battery after 90 min of SOT. So even with SnapDragon battery life is atrocious as far as I'm concerned. My iphone 13 Pro did drain like this. If the battery continues to be this bad I'll probably switch back when the Iphone 14 Pro Max is released. And just use my S22 Ultra as back up or something. Because If I use this phone for more than anything but basic things the battery just gets sucked down. And I've done most of the suggested battery settings. I was team Android S Series for a few generations before I had jumped to Iphone. I Had the S6, S7, S9. Then moved Iphone X, 11Pro, 13 Pro. But seems like jumping back into Android wasn't a great idea this time around. I really like this phone too. But the battery life is just way too short to live with as daily driver.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones