• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OhioGuy59

Nov 1, 2010
Ohio
I have an S23 and I'm thinking of getting the MetaQuest 3 VR headset. The only two storage options for the Quest 3 are 128 gb and 512 gb. I probably would get the 128 version.
I have one question:
Do the games, videos, etc have to be stored on the headset or would I be able to access any of them from my phone? I'm wondering because if I'm getting close to the 128 limit, would I have to delete files from the headset or can I also use them from my phone storage?

Thanks

I have an S23 and I'm thinking of getting the MetaQuest 3 VR headset. The only two storage options for the Quest 3 are 128 gb and 512 gb. I probably would get the 128 version.
I have one question:
Do the games, videos, etc have to be stored on the headset or would I be able to access any of them from my phone? I'm wondering because if I'm getting close to the 128 limit, would I have to delete files from the headset or can I also use them from my phone storage?

Thanks
You don't need a phone to use the metaquest 3. They are completely different devices. Everything is stored on the headset.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
i have the quest 2 which was the previous version before it was re-named to the metaquest 3. and i really like it. i do not use it as much as i did when i first got it. the games were just there to keep me interested in using it more. i will say that watching netflix on it is such a cool experience.

i did not run out of room, but i also did not download videos. i just streamed al of my media content.

let us know if you do ended up getting it or not.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
i have the quest 2 which was the previous version before it was re-named to the metaquest 3. and i really like it. i do not use it as much as i did when i first got it. the games were just there to keep me interested in using it more. i will say that watching netflix on it is such a cool experience.

i did not run out of room, but i also did not download videos. i just streamed al of my media content.

let us know if you do ended up getting it or not.
Thanks. I might not have asked the question correctly. I'm trying to stick with the 128 version but if I use up all of the 128, can I then view anything that's stored on my phone? I don't even know if I would use up the 128 but I would like a backup plan so to speak.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I might not have asked the question correctly. I'm trying to stick with the 128 version but if I use up all of the 128, can I then view anything that's stored on my phone? I don't even know if I would use up the 128 but I would like a backup plan so to speak.
no you can't use your phone. there is no way to connect to it. the usb c port on the device is for only charging and not transferring of data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones